This position is closed or expired.
See other Legal Counsel jobs in UAE
- General corporate, commercial law, drafting complex contracts, litigation oversight, conducting due diligence and managing the external counsels.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Analyse the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Advise concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Negotiate settlements of civil disputes.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Perform administrative and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Prepare legal briefs, opinions and various legal documents.
- Degree in Law, with 7 to 10 years of experience as a qualified lawyer with corporate and private practice.
- Good understanding of merger acquisition practice law.
- Ability to analyze, review and draft contracts and other binding business documents.
- Ability to use legal advice and communicate information to management and to Executive Regional Directors.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Fluency in English. Arabic or/and French is a plus.
- Reporting to General Counsel.
About the Company
A franchise agreement with one of the world’s largest retail chains Carrefour, allowed Majid Al Futtaim Retail to competitively introduce the first hypermarket model to the region in 1995 providing shoppers with variety and value. Today, Majid Al Futtaim Retail owns 100% of the Carrefour franchise in 38 markets across MENA and central Asia, Africa and Russia. Majid Al Futtaim Retail opened its first hypermarket in City Centre Deira – UAE, and through the years expanded to more than 180 Carrefour stores in 15 countries across the region. Carrefour is dedicated to rewarding its loyal customers and offering access to a unique shopping experience through special offers and promotions throughout the year. We are a family of more than 30,000 employees from more than 75 nationalities and we are committed to Create Great Moments for everyone, every day. Sounds appealing? Come join us and have the opportunity to challenge yourself in a unique work experience.