Job description / Role
We are looking for a senior Commercial lawyer with experience of working in the ICT sector (ideally in telecommunications or a similar hi-tech industry) for a 6 month contract with a possibility to extend or go permanent. The role holder will be the primary lawyer responsible for all of telecom network infrastructure agreements,
The job holder will act within the framework of Legal Department policies and processes in a legal advisory capacity and reporting to the Senior Director - Legal Counsel.
• 7-10 years of post-qualification experience (PQE) as a lawyer in a recognized jurisdiction, with approximately 5-7 years of work experience gained either in a top commercial law firm or an in-house environment on the vendor side.
• 5 or more years of experience advising on telecom network infrastructure agreements eg network roll outs, in particular 5G.
• Current experience of working in a GCC &/or MENA country highly desirable
• Experience of working independently and under pressure and managing the requirements of multiple internal and external stakeholders.
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or Master of Laws, or other relevant legal qualification from a recognized civil/common law jurisdiction.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Fluent English language
• Strong written and verbal communications skills (including strong legal drafting skills)
• Deep knowledge of telco procurement
• Strong negotiating skills
• Strong commercial focus, pragmatic and solutions-oriented
• Ability to project manage legal transactions and issues, including ability to work effectively as part of cross-functional virtual teams
• Ability to effectively manage the requirements of multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Well organized and efficient, with ability to manage time and prioritize effectively
• Results and outcomes focused, with a hands-on approach and ability to produce high quality output with minimal supervision
• Professionalism and attention to detail and quality
• Team work, co-operation and customer service orientation
• MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Familiar with legal document management systems and other legal technology solutions
• Team-oriented, co-operative approach
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Ignite Search & Selection
Al Boom Marine
Regional Legal Counsel
Howden Insurance Brokers LLC