Senior Legal Counsel
Job description / Role
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will work closely with the legal experts and the commercial team within the industry to provide advice on a range of transactions, projects, and issues, with an emphasis on structured finance transactions with external counterparties, the funding of affiliates and restructuring projects.
A leading developer in GCC is looking to bring in a Senior Legal Counsel responsible for managing the full mix of project financing work, covering large scale financings from the outset to conclusion.
* Attend to all aspects and issues related to project development and financing.
* Structure, draft, review and effectively negotiate debt and equity financing structures, including portfolio financing structures, back-leverage debt, tax equity partnership documents.
* Structure, draft, review and effectively negotiate membership interest purchase and sale agreements, power purchase agreements, engineering, procurement, and construction contracts.
* Perform diligence and provide diligence guidance to development teams and external counsel regarding project acquisition and greenfield development.
* Provide general legal support to finance, business development, construction, and operations teams in the deployment of both renewable and non - renewable projects.
* Provide general legal counsel and strategic guidance to senior and executive level management.
* Effectively and efficiently engage and manage outside counsel.
* Provide counsel/advice concerning a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance issues on matters pertaining to marketing strategies, compensation, reimbursement, interaction with external stakeholder, suppliers etc.
* Support other departments with any legal activity (non-compliance with contractual agreements) required from engagements with external suppliers and vendors.
* Liaise with the external legal service providers and ensure external legal activities and engagements are managed and coordinated effectively.
* Analyse and manage contract risks and prepare risk mitigation strategies
* Attractive, tax- free salary
* Opportunity to play a crucial role in the ongoing growth and success of an exciting business
* Bachelor's Degree in Law.
* 6 - 8 years of experience in a corporate legal role.
* Strong experience in project finance or project development, experience with renewables or distributed energy resources strongly preferred.
* Able to quickly identify and give clear exposition of a legal issue and to provide succinct, practical, and accurate legal advice.
* Attention to detail, proactive, pragmatic, autonomous and hands on.
* Exceptional knowledge of local and international law.
* Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, with impeccable English drafting skills.
* Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task effectively in a high volume and complex environment with changing priorities.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
Corporate M&A Legal Counsel
Legal Advisor cum In House Corporate Paralegal
RTC-1 Employment Services