Job description / Role
As the Senior Legal Counsel in the Arabic team, you will be responsible for all Arabic drafting for the Group. You will lead negotiations and contracting across the legal function, in all corporate and commercial transactions.
A prominent retail group based out of the UAE and operating across the region.
* Provide leadership and expertise in the domains of local law and Arabic-language contractual matters.
* Effectively manage negotiations and drafting for commercial transactions across the Group (Arabic and non-Arabic).
* Collaborate effectively with external counsel in matters of litigation both in the UAE and across the region.
* Liaise with government entities and other external regulators.
* Be the point of contact for the owners and executives, when dealing with intricate legal and commercial matters.
* Be approachable and collaborative when working with other business functions to provide legal advice.
Competitive, tax-free salary and benefits
* Opportunity to work in an influential role and contribute to the growth of the business
* Progressive, exciting environment
* 8+ years of experience in an in-house or external legal function.
* Impeccable Arabic drafting skills, demonstrable by previous body of work.
* Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills.
* Strong understanding of, and experience with, corporate law, procedures and regulations in the UAE and Middle Eastern jurisdictions.
* Experience in a large holding group or international organisation highly preferable.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.