Job description / Role
Senior position in the legal team of a well known and highly regarded regulator in the UAE. Variety of work on offer, requiring a relatively generalist lawyer
Highly respected and prominent organisation which is an excellent name to have on your CV. The legal team is a good size and made up of lawyers with exceptional backgrounds, largely from multinational companies and global law firms
* Advise on regulatory issues and drafting
* A large part of the role will involve handling litigation
* Brief the Legal Director and GC on significant legal issues
* Support the enforcement team and other wider divisions in the organisation
This is a highly desirable organisation to work for and they have a widely respected legal team. the quality and variety of work on offer is rare to see, and the team has an excellent retention rate as a result. This hire will enjoy plenty of responsibility and the opportunity to deal with various senior stakeholders internally and externally.
To be considered you MUST:
* Have an international background, whether that is qualifying in another region or working for an international company
* Strong experience in litigation matters
* Some knowledge of FS regulatory matters
Candidates that are abroad will also be considered. Arabic skills are not a requirement but may be considered an advantage
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Head of Legal
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Legal Counsel - Fluent in Arabic
Senior Legal Advisor
Counsel - Group Legal