Job description / Role
The Senior Legal Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the global legal function with a primary focus on sourcing, procurement and supply chain
A global technology and telecoms organisation which currently sits in a leading position with its constantly developing technology and digital footprint in over 25 countries
• Negotiating commercial interests across various functions and roles
• Manage and participate in various projects undertaken by different departments from a legal perspective.
• Management of litigation and active engagement in on-going disputes resolution matters.
• Liaise with external law firms that provide legal support to the company and ensure feedback filters through to the intended recipients.
• Effective drafting and reviewing of quality contracts (procurement, development, licensing and support of technology products and services, and intellectual property)
• Provide legal support for IP requirements and regulations.
• Advise management on new legislation and the impact thereof on the business.
• Manage and provide legal advice and opinions.
• Work for a global organisation out of the Dubai support services office, travel to HQ and emerging markets to develop the technology offering. Engage with and mentor the junior lawyers in the team
• LLB qualified and licensed in a common law jurisdiction
• Minimum 5 - 8 years' post qualifying experience (recent 3 years in the UAE)
• Experience in a Technology/Telecoms/IT organisation advising on matters related to sourcing, supply chain and procurement (drafting and negotiating transactions involving the procurement, development, licensing and support of technology products and services, and intellectual property)
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.