Job description / Role
Climate change and sustainability topics continue to rise on the agendas of governments and organizations around the world. Stakeholders want to know more about corporations other than just financial performance. Management needs to understand the emerging sustainability and climate change risks and opportunities, build resilience and strengthen their “social license to grow.”
Our MENA Climate Change & Sustainability Services (CCaSS) team seeks to build a better working world by helping businesses and governments respond to societal, environmental and economic challenges. They help businesses understand and evaluate the broader value impacts and outcomes associated with their organizations, operations, programs and projects. Our team helps clients improve and report on their sustainability performance. Specifically, we help clients manage emerging risks, and reduce costs through the design and implementation of systems and processes and leverage opportunities in areas such as climate change, health and safety, labor rights, non financial reporting, supply chain and environmental management.
EY is now actively looking for a market-facing Senior Manager with significant experience and a proven track record in advising large corporate firms (FTSE 100 / Fortune 500) on sustainability strategy, and energy and resources management, and leading the implementation of such programmes to drive value.
We are at the forefront of current trends in sustainability and we engage with client staff at all levels to provide insight into these developments. We want candidates who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop our dynamic sustainability practice that is focused on making the difference for our clients as they navigate this agenda.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager you will be a core part of the leadership team and be focused on the growth of the CCaSS business within the MENA region. This will involve client and opportunity identification and ensuring these translate into revenue. To this end you will develop and lead relationships with large corporate accounts and establish a strong revenue stream from sustainability transformation and related services, build a market leading team capable of providing board level strategic advice and winning large transformation engagements that leverage the wider competencies of EY and raise EY's profile in the sustainability debate. There will be a requirement for some regional travel.
Skills and attributes for success
Significant commercial and consulting experience in the Finance sector, experience of leading sustainability transformation, governance and reporting projects.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An understanding of the underlying operations and the key sustainability issues in relation to the energy industry, ideally as an engineer or equivalent.
• The ability to use this technical understanding of operations to translate and provide opinions/advice in plain English to corporate management
• A proven track record of business development and project delivery - in particular large scale consulting engagements around sustainability
• Exceptional commercial and leadership skills combined with entrepreneurial mind set
• Experience in engaging at the C-suite level and the ability to translate sustainability into the language of a CFO - to demonstrate how sustainability can create and deliver value
• An existing network of relationships with business leaders across industries most active in addressing sustainability
• An ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment
• Strong commercial, quantitative and analytical skills
Ideally you’ll also have
• Track record with a leading consulting firm
• Significant sector experience in one or more of the following: Finance sector with sustainability domain
What we look for
We are interested in individuals with entrepreneurial skills who have the confidence to develop and promote our services internally and externally and grow a business within a larger organisation. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. If you have significant experience gaming technology and are passionate about improving the performance of businesses, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.