Job description / Role
This role forms a major part of DarkMatters commitment to adhering to a diligent governance framework while we go through our large scale Digital Transformation and will be a key factor in DarkMatters customer assurance agenda across our secure technology & innovation business.
As a Senior Manager - GRC, you will:
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on data classification and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's principal information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, and, well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Develop & maintain data inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across DarkMatter.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data classification related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions (Secloar is a plus)
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all the Business and Functional areas
- Manage the delivery of information security service across governance, risk and compliance projects.
- Drive compliance assessments or security certification programs (ISO 27001, PCI DSS etc.).
- Create risk and operational security metrics in collaboration with the DarkMatter leadership team
- Should be highly customer-centric and equipped with excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
Your personal dream could be the world's reality
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Experience with regulatory compliance and policy enforcement
- Domain expertise in managing large scale information security / risk initiatives
- Experience in the GRC tools like Seclor is a plus
- Experience with controls frameworks such as DoD standards, PCI, ISO 27001/2, NIST 800, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Related Security field, Computer Science, IT or comparable experience
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Information Security
- Must have the following certifications - CISA, CISM (CIPP or CISSP is a plus)
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.