Job description / Role
An operational risk management role at an established Fin-Tech which requires an understanding of technology and security risk management.
The client is a New York headquartered payments business with operations globally - they have been in business for over 30 years and have operations within the region; they have also been making headlines recently for positive news surrounding their business.
* Handle aspects of Operational Risk such as control testing, incident management, incident validation control, business impact analysis, threat analysis,
* Act as a Risk interface between different departments across the business.
* Write and implement policies and procedures to minimize risk exposure and drive adherence to the risk management framework and robust controls.
* Plan and execute risk and control assessments as well as promote risk awareness, understanding and culture.
* Identify control gaps and process improvement opportunities, and evaluate compliance with operational, legal, regulatory, finance, and IT policies and procedures.
* Drive and implement cross-functional initiatives to deliver on risk goals, policies and procedures.
* Provide risk and control advice and education for the benefit of the organization, be a champion and advocate for strong risk management and governance controls, and partner with other control functions to strengthen the three lines of defense model.
* Provide insights on IT, Security and Technology risk facing the business
* Career progression, excellent exposure and work-life balance.
* 8-12 years' of experience within the Operational Risk function at a Bank/Financial Institution is a prerequisite
* In addition to core operational risk, strong knowledge of IT, Technology and Security risk management is advantageous
* The ability to balance commercial objectives with risk considerations in a pragmatic manner.
* Ability to quickly understand and critically analyse complex processes, identify and assess potential risks, and determine whether those risks are appropriately mitigated using various techniques
* Experience in dealing with senior government officials and senior business executives.
* Excellent stakeholder management & communication skills.
* Multi-country experience is preferable
* Excellent skills in written work, specifically responding to government / regulatory inquiries and questionnaires; existing government relationships are a plus
* Ability to travel up to 30% of the time is hugely desirable
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Regional Finance Controller
Enterprise Risk Management Manager
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||4 May|
Head of Finance
Vice President, Internal Control