Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Senior Manager who specialises in Strategic Planning to Supervise and participate in advanced complex professional planning activities at both a regional scale and at a detailed master planning level.
A typical week would include:
* Perform and manage complex and sensitive professional planning projects, research and analysis. Reviewing consultant work and ensuring satisfactory quality.
* Scope and manage transport master plans and traffic impact studies.
* Be able to draw concept plans that can be converted by CAD operators.
* Monitor and ensure the master planning work is compliant with local standards and regulations.
* Overview and manage consultants gathering, compiling, and analyzing data on economic, social, cluster planning, and physical factors affecting the developments, ensuring the consultant's work quality.
* Develop technical inputs to support the delivery of high-quality plans, reports, and presentations.
* Confer with local authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, and land planning and development specialists to devise and recommend arrangements of land and physical facilities for logistics and industrial cluster developments. Ensuring all anchor, follower, and enabler land use activities are afforded in the plans.
* Develop recommendations based on governmental measures affecting land use, public utilities, regional and local planning strategies.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A bachelor's degree in Urban Planning.
* Minimum 15-20 years of progressive urban planning.
* Experience in producing master plans, conceptual designs and illustrative layouts.
* Development strategy and tactical advice related to phasing developments and utilizing development fronts and clustering.
* Experience in strategic and regional planning.
* Experience in producing project briefs.
* Airport planning experience.
* Transport and traffic planning experience.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.