Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are looking for a Senior Maritime Engineer to join our team in the UAE. The role will responsible in the completion of high quality marine design and review for projects in the GCC.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Performing complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
* Extracting engineering information from CAD drawings.
* Preparing engineering computations, material quantity take-offs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
* Frequently interfacing with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
* Preparing detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
* Completing a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
* Reviewing supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
* Preparing and issuing specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
* Providing technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
* May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
* Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or similar discipline with at least 7 years' of relevant experience
* Strong design/review experience.
* Strong team player with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and take timely decisions.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.