Job description / Role
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the role will entail the following responsibilities:
-Review the MEP coordination drawings submitted by the contractors at each stage of the Construction to ensure completeness, correctness, compliance with the scope of work and agreements requirements.
- Advise the Project Manager of circumstances that may or will affect delivery of long lead items related to his discipline and take remedial measures, subject to the approval of the Client.
- Manage and co-ordinate the discharge of MEP Contractors obligations as defined in the Construction Agreement and all external influences likely to affect Project delivery on a daily basis.
- Manage and co-ordinate the discharge of MEP Consultants obligations as defined in the consultancy agreements.
- Manage liaison by the project team with relevant statutory authorities and utility providers.
- Review the Request for Information (RFI), change requests / variations submitted by the contractors.
- Review the MEP material submittals submitted by the contractors making sure they are in accordance to specifications and agreements requirements.
- Carry out constructability review during the design and construction stages.
- Review in a timely manner the design consultant / contractor/s submittals and forward comments to the project / engineering manager
- Ensure the design consultant / contractor/s incorporate the comments raised from previous stages.
- Attend technical meetings with the design consultant and other sub-contractors, contractors, and company team.
- Review contractor / sub-contractor's proposed project organizations and related CV's and report to project / engineering manager on his findings.
- An Engineering degree (Mechanical).
- At least 10 years of work experience in the UAE with consultancies involved in large scale construction projects.
- At least 1-2 hospital/medical/healthcare facility completed.
About the Company
We are Dar. We work together with our people to build the future.
At Dar, we provide planning, design, management and consultancy for the world’s most important and exciting projects. Together with our team of experts, we embrace challenges to empower our communities. In suburbs and city centers, deserts and metropolitan areas, war zones and sacred shrines, our projects shape our people’s lives.
With our team of 9,850 staff members, we operate in 40 offices in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe. Our five principal design centers are located in Beirut, Cairo, London, Pune, and Amman. And in everything, we seek progress for our communities.