Job description / Role
• Review construction-style specifications to determine project requirements, equipment compliance, materials of construction and the like.
• Prepare engineering submittals, O&M and respond to client’s questions.
• Design FRP tanks, ductwork, structural steel, and other components per project requirements.
• Perform hydraulic and air flow sizing calculations for equipment selection and piping design.
• Prepare bills of materials (BOMs) to delineate equipment included in a project.
• Be familiar with industrial codes and specifications.
• Review Piping and Instrumentation (P&ID) diagrams for adherence/compliance with project specifications.
• Review electrical drawings and electrical bill of materials (EBOMs) for accuracy.
• Work with fabricators to improve manufacturability of equipment and reduce overall costs.
• Communicate with engineers and customers regarding project issues.
• Communicate with equipment suppliers regarding equipment design and serviceability issues.
• Be able to actively participate in HAZOP review meetings with project stakeholders.
• Manage projects by chairing project meetings, assign tasks, prepare post meeting notes.
• Identify and track the completion of all tasks required to execute individual and concurrent projects.
• Work with team to keep projects on schedule and meet critical deadlines.
• Occasional travel to suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers for equipment compliance inspection and FAT.
• Occasional travel to job sites in GCC and International locations for pre-award meetings and post-award installation reviews.
• Support USA Head Quarters with projects along with other international projects.
• May assign other assignments for which you are deemed capable.
• Bachelors (or equivalent) degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university.
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant industry experience.
• Experience in O&G is a plus.
• Proficient using SolidWorks and AutoCad.
• BIM Modeling experience a plus.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment; be a team player and problem solver.
• Be responsible and reliable, able to prioritize work in a demanding, high-performance environment.
• Have a professional aptitude and positive “can do” attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solver and a growth mindset.
• Have good command of the English language
• Proficiency with computers and MS Office
• Located in UAE and have a valid UAE driver’s license
About the Company
One of the leading manufacturing companies in UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
Mechanical Design Engineer
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Client Side)
Senior Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Group In UAE