Job description / Role
JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As a Senior Merchandiser, you will:
• Assist in merchandise plans for the category based on insights gained from merchandise mix, historical trends and outlook projected by the brand
• Analyse store profile based on reports, including weeks of stock, merchandise sales blend, inventory by store grade
• Ensure effective in-season management (stock analysis and balancing, markdown management, stock vs. sale performance)
• Plan merchandise mix for each store and complete initial product allocation to stores and reserve management based on pre-distribution
• Monitor the product line, pricing, and developments of competitor brands
• Ensure the ageing standards are followed and the stock turns are maintained as per the company policy
• Manage margin negotiations, orders, stock distribution and product selection
• Monitor and analyse both, the best sellers and slow sellers and take appropriate actions
• Keep a track of actual sales vs sales forecasts, inventory checks, forth coming events and address the replenishment needs of the stores on day-to-day basis
• Establish and maintain good customer relations
• Ensure safe vehicle operation (if applicable)
• Perform the standard call process during all the store visits
• Maintain records including route cards, rt. book, etc.
• Handle all the customer requests in a professional manner
• Follow up on all the customer requests to assist the customer representatives
• Follow-up and execute all the promotions communicated for the key accounts
• Manage stock levels to ensure continuous availability
• Execute the merchandising standards established for the market/accounts
• Properly price the products
• Utilize appropriate point of purchase materials
• Record the accurate measures of performance
• Participate in the problem-solving meetings
• Perform CDA Compliance audits and Price Surveys
Desirable Skills and Background:
• Minimum 7-12 Years' Experience in Buying and Merchandising
• Bachelor's degree in a retail related subject preferred.
• Experience within a retail buying environment in MENA and/or other relevant experiences of other brands.
• Visualization, Manual Dexterity, & High integrity
• Follow-up, Service orientation, Attention to detail
• Planning, organizing and time management
• Active listening
About the Company
Established in 2005 Finetrade & Fine Building Material have achieved a notable record in the field of building material supplies. Today, we are proud to be one of the most respected and sought after building material suppliers in UAE through our uncompromising quality, resources and capabilities to complete fast-track projects on time. Our projects are part of the landmarks that symbolize the development of United Arab Emirates.
Dubai has made astonishing economic progress over the past half-century, perhaps unparalleled anywhere else in the world: a sophisticated, cosmopolitan metropolis has emerged from the desert sands, and the pace of change shows little sign of abating. In this environment, Finetrade Group has evolved and developed into a major business enterprise.