Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
The Quality Assurance role is to assist with the provision of quality control over the implementation and execution of areas that fall under the responsibilities of Compliance. To implement the internal control framework within Compliance and associated governance across key risk areas and ensure that all compliance risks have adequate controls in place.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager for Quality Assurance, implement the agreed quality assurance plan.
- Perform QA reviews by following the approved annual quality assurance schedule, work with relevant stakeholders to assess adherence to processes and strength of control framework.
- Identify gaps and recommend corrective actions to ensure the Bank is protected from compliance risk perspective.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to communicate observations.
- Draft reports of each functional review.
- Record and track the implementation of review observations and recommendations.
- Work with the Regulatory, Financial Crime and CDD teams to identify adverse trends, poor controls and systemic risks.
- Produce MI in relation to the reviews undertaken to Senior Manager Quality Assurance.
- Provide support with oversight of the monitoring and implementation of regulatory and financial crime controls, ensuring consistency.
- Maintain a monitoring program to ensure effective execution of testing assignments and to track that remedial actions or control improvements are implemented.
- Must be a graduate with experience of Regulatory and Financial Crime Compliance
- Well versed with local regulations, banking systems, concepts and banking best practices
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a financial institution in a similar role.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in quality assurance role
- Planning and organizing skills
- Report writing skills
- Time Management skills
- Communicating effectively
- Thinking analytically
- Team working
- Taking initiative
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.