Job description / Role
Develops, reviews and maintains project plans and schedules (equipment/manpower/procurement) using Primavera
- Monitor progress throughout the construction process on a weekly basis and compare with projected schedule of work.
- Identify and review regularly, critical and sub-critical activities and monitor its impact on project schedules
- Develop and maintain project change control and review scope change requests for impact on schedules and the critical path of the project.
- Perform project risk assessment on delays and disputes and determine possible range of completion dates for the project
- Prepare reconciliations between earlier schedules and as-built schedules
- Responsible for reviewing bill of quantities, scope of work, preparation on contract program and identification of milestones
- Conducts studies to develop data required for planning and prepares plans and schedules for acquisition and installation of equipment to meet long term and current relief requirements
- Produce master and detail pre-construction and post construction schedules.
- Overseeing actual project progress versus the planned work milestones, in addition to reviewing consultants’ and contractor’s work program submissions.
- Generating milestones in the pre-construction and construction stages for inclusion in tender documents via detailed discussions with the relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing, monitoring, adjusting and updating the cost plan and cash flows accordingly and the consolidation of these results in weekly reports.
- Reviewing in conjunction with the Project Manager or Construction Manager any potential changes, and in turn measuring where possible future saving or additional costs can be identified.
- Work with project Quantity Surveyor and ensure alignment of planning and cost control reporting requirements
- Attend regular monthly/weekly progress review meetings with clients and subcontractors and prepare work schedule for subcontractors.
- Prepare monthly/weekly reports on project status and progresses and review project close-out reports
- Make sure that the Contractor submits programs within the timeframe required by the contract
- Control and report any major deviations from this program to the Project Manager so that appropriate corrective action can be taken to achieve the agreed construction milestones.
- Examine submitted programs as a priority. If the content or scope is inadequate, the Planning Engineer will discuss the issue immediately with the Project Manager.
- Monitoring of actual construction progress against the approved construction program
- Use of appropriate software to update construction programs on a regular basis and produce reports and charts which allow the Project Manager an easy evaluation of construction progress and the main issues which might cause delays or cost overruns
- Develop alternative construction programs if site conditions or other circumstances require corrective steps to accomplish the final construction completion date
- Ensure that the program approvals are addressed promptly
- Always deal with extension of time claims as a priority
- Ensure proper records are set up to evaluate delays and extensions of time
- Selecting the appropriate techniques and sequence of events for a particular project
- Presenting schedules of work, often with visual aids such as bar charts, and procedure diagram Using specialist planning computer software such as primavera
- Liaising with the site agent and surveyor throughout the process, making adjustments to projects as necessary
- Providing advice and support on the development of specific system
- Engineering Degree holder, with 8 years experience in Primavera and in preparation of time schedules, monthly reports for clients & management, cash flow forecast, item impact analysis & claims, productions rate analysis & available resource & progress curves
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.
A Leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi
Senior Planning Engineer
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Sr. Planning Engineer for a General Contracting Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Planning Engineer - Infrastructure