Job description / Role
Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the After Market Services (AMS) business. AMS's scope is to reduce customer returns, simplify the customer returns process/journey, and reduce financial losses from customer returns.
The Senior Product Manager will launch and then lead the Vendor Returns & Damage Allowance negotiation function across MENA. This function is responsible for optimizing vendor return terms/rights and driving operational process improvements in order to reduce financial losses from customer returns.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for:
· Launching and evangelizing the Vendor Returns (RTV) & Damage Allowance (DA) negotiation function with internal and external stakeholders across MENA
· Analyzing and influencing the vendor relations and identifying ways to optimize them by ensuring sufficient RTV &DA coverage
· Provide data-driven negotiation support to Retail teams across MENA to improve existing return terms with vendors, which can also include direct participation in select business negotiations
· Optimizing the vendor-returns operational process by developing technical and operational solutions
· Working with global stakeholder teams to share best practices and drive innovation across MENA
Due to the nature of the role, you will work with cross-functional teams including Retail, Operations, Tech, Finance, Legal, among others.
- Bachelor Degree from a top tier university
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Strong negotiation skills (Vendor Management experience preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation, organization, and account management skills
- Proven ability to lead and deliver results in complex projects
- An independent self-starter who thrives in connecting people and ideas and has a strong entrepreneurial drive
- Is able to manage multiple competing priorities smoothly
- Proven ability to work with global cross-functional teams and outside partners to drive growth and process improvement for your business
- Excellent excel skills
- Prior Product Management, Program Management, or Category Management experience
- Knowledge of Reverse Logistics and Operations
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques and lean management (e.g. Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.).
- MBA preferred
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.