Job description / Role
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon continues to evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and we are looking for a results-driven Senior Program Manager to join the After Market Services (AMS) business. AMS's scope is to reduce customer returns, simplify the customer returns process/journey, and reduce financial losses from customers returns.
As a Senior Program Manager, you are responsible for helping define the strategy for AMS in MENA and then leading the launch of strategic and complex programs in line with that strategy. Because AMS is a newly-launched function at Amazon MENA, there is a lot of room for growth. You will help shape the future of AMS in the region and you need to have an entrepreneurial mindset to work in this team .
Due to the nature of the role, you will work with cross-functional teams including Retail, Marketplace, Operations, Customer Service, Program Management, Product Management, Tech, Finance, among others.
This is an entrepreneurial role which will involve a combination of business strategy, program management, hands-on business operations, and team leadership.
- Bachelor Degree from a top tier university
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Proven ability to lead and deliver results in complex projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An independent self-starter who thrives in connecting people and ideas and has a strong entrepreneurial drive
- Excellent communication skills and is comfortable with playing a lead role in a highly visible organization
- Proven experience in managing, building and developing a high performance team
- Is able to manage multiple competing priorities smoothly
- Proven ability to work with global cross-functional teams and outside partners to drive growth and process improvement for your business
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain or Logistics
- Experience from a top tier management consulting company (post-MBA candidates) or prior Program Management or Category Management expterienced at Amazon
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.