Job description / Role
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for achieving goals set for projects, notably in relation to the costs, deadlines, as well as the level of quality that is expected. The Senior Project Manager manages the project team that is at the heart of a project, especially in coordinating the intervention of the Creative and Production Management and Teams and ensures the management of subcontractors required to carry out the project. They are also in constant contact with the individual in charge of the client’s mandate and ensures their satisfaction.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Senior Project Manager’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Scope management, during concept and design phases, and during fabrication/construction;
• Costs management, including updating, reporting and tracking costs and detailed estimation, in the respect of the project budget;
• Time management, in respect with the delivery date agreed with the client;
• Managing and coordinating 3rd party contractors, sub consultants and suppliers, including the selection process and the contract management, (tender documents with all terms and conditions, technical specifications, preparation of contracts and purchase orders, overall supervision of the work, monitoring of costs, quality and schedule variances, change orders, etc.);
• Human resources planning and hiring, ensuring accordance throughout all project stages;
• Integration and execution of work on site: managing a team of creative, architecture and engineering, production, construction as well as support staff to see the project to completion;
• Stakeholder management and proper communication channels;
• Identifying and monitoring project risks, and implementing appropriate mitigation measures and action plans;
• Periodic progress reviews, reporting and MoM management with Client, team and contractors;
• Commissioning and handling various safety, technical and financial audits;
• Carefully tracking and managing billing, submittals, variations and EOT claims;
• Management of claim/ dispute settlements/arbitrations, final closure and post-mortem reporting and assessment;
• Any other responsibilities required of a Project Manager in a role of this nature.
Skills / Aptitudes / Required Qualifications
• 8 - 10 years of experience in project management
• Fluent in English, Arabic a plus
• Available for immediate hire
• Temp role - contracted till end of October
• Strong skill sets in budget, large scale projects UAE/Internationally, managing +20 team
About the Company
With a history going back 60 years, GSM Project is a pioneer in the field of exhibition design and production. We believe that each project is a collaborative exploration leading to a unique outcome, and the results speak for themselves. Our portfolio is a rich and varied collection of international exhibition environments that crosses mediums and spans disciplines.