Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould are looking for a Senior Project Manager (leisure, recreational and sports projects) with PMC background in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
As a senior member of the team, you will provide leadership and managerial support to your direct reports, foster teamwork both within the Region and Faithful+Gould generally, provide technical inputs to project teams and ensure that the client's objectives are delivered.
Further, you are expected to conduct yourself in line with the core values of the business and lead by example in maintaining the Faithful+Gould culture:
- Integrity; we act with honesty and integrity in everything we do
- Client service; we are dedicated to creating value and delivering service excellence
- Teamwork; we work together to achieve common goals
- Innovation; we strive to deliver innovative solutions
- Commitment; our people are our strength and we value the Faithful family and community
The role involves the execution of duties to the highest possible standards. It is expected that the role will include but not be limited to the following key functions:
- Ensure the successful delivery of the project in terms of progress, quality and cost budgetary constraints.
- Review & approval of Technical documents submitted by the Developer to the Client and
ascertain if they comply with Project Specifications
- Monitoring the project deliverables meet with the agreed standards and satisfy
stakeholder requirements at each stage of the project.
- Monitoring overall project stakeholder relationships and adjusting strategies and plans for engaging stakeholders.
- Develop and establish the policies, procedures, and documentation for planning, developing, managing, executing, and controlling the project schedule, including monitoring project tasks and workflows in order to complete the project on schedule.
- Identify and document specific actions including establishing milestone to be performed to produce the project deliverables.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and documentation for planning, managing, expending, and controlling project costs.
- Identifying issues that impact the project and managing them through to resolution.
- Control of project expenditures on products and services to ensure the objectives of the project within the agreed budget.
- Develop a robust change control system by setting a project baseline and identifying, reviewing, approving and monitoring proposed changes to the project scope.
- Selecting project team members, clarifying roles, providing feedback and motivating for high performance.
- Development of a detailed specification based on the design guideline provided to developer.
The minimum requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Architecture discipline.
- 12+ years post qualification experience in Project Management (pre & post contract).
- Demonstrated track record of project delivery.
- Significant experience in supervising the construction of complex projects similar in size and nature to our project (leisure, recreational and sports).
- Abu Dhabi experience required.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
You should be equipped to:
- Manage and coordinate the inputs of project stakeholders and appointed contractor to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Assess and resolve site planning and coordination issues.
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project.
- Be aware of the broader perspective and how it affects the project.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary.
- Transportation allowance.
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- 22 calendar days annual leave.
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin.
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
- Catch up on sustainability
What does sustainability mean to SNC-Lavalin and what does it look like within engineering and construction?
Read our articles for the latest insight
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.