Job description / Role
What you will do?
The Senior Project Manager role is the key role reporting to Director Professional Services MEA and will be based in Dubai. You will be part of the team who is currently focused on delivering innovative Digital Solutions and contents for a rapidly growing building solutions organization committed to make this world a better place to live.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the entire project delivery, status reporting, communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, manage risk and drive relentless improvement. You will be focused on delivering the assignment on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
You will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your project management skills coupled with your industry knowledge to deliver on our business objectives for our Middle East and Africa region.
How you will do it?
• As a Senior Project Manager, you will be using your experience and skills of managing the project life cycle to deliver effective operations across the assigned projects to ensure high-quality business value is delivered.
• You will be assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• You will be also tracking project plans/milestones with the delivery teams to publish team progress for visibility and transparency.
• As a Senior Project Manager you will be focused on delivering projects which will have integration and implementation of smart digital systems and latest cloud technologies.
• You will be dealing with cross functional teams, located locally and globally to deliver high quality projects.
• You will work with product and engineering teams, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
• You will act as a mentor for the team's lean practices, mindsets & goals.
• As a Senior Project Manager, you will identify and pursue opportunities to fine-tune and improve project execution; recommend enhancements related to new and/or existing workflows based on a broad view of the organization mindset.
• You will build appropriate and effective business relationships, make decisions which impact the success of assigned projects i.e. results, deadlines and budget and has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments.
• You are commercially astute and technically proficient in the Digital Solutions industry.
• You are naturally self-motivated enjoying the challenge of driving your region's growth, approaching issues from a broad multi-functional perspective to develop strategies that achieve long-term goals.
What we look for
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years of experience of managing medium or large size projects in a Digital Solutions environment
• PMP certification
• Recent or past experience in managing entire project life cycle for Digital transformation projects or IOT platform's (Software Solutions )
• Strong operational management, project management, and process improvement skills
• Attention to detail skills with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly
• Genuine passion and commitment to providing superior customer experiences through successful software implementations
• Self-motivated and able to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to deliver results in a high-performance organization
• Excellent ability to follow-up on items and ensure resolution/closure of problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships with teams, business stakeholders and senior management across organizational boundaries
• Risk identification and assessment as it relates to software implementation projects.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Customer centric
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.