Job description / Role
KEO International Consultants is a highly ranked and award winning planning, architecture, engineering and project and construction management firm with offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Bahrain, Dubai, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
This is an opportunity to join KEO in the role of Senior Project Manager - Waste & Environment in the Infrastructure Division in Dubai.
- Represents the Company in communications with the client; provides leadership and direction to the Program management and project team, consultants and contractors during the planning, development and delivery phases of the Program. If assigned as project leader, then responsible for the delivery of PM Services, including profitability.
- Ability to liaise with Government departments, relevant to the waste management & environmental fields.
- Provide guidance on waste management projects and requirements when required and deliver high quality solid waste related projects, which could include strategic planning, facility (landfill, transfer station, Waste to Energy) design, consistently with a focus on meeting program and budgetary control.
- Plan, organise and undertake solid waste analysis, research and reporting as required.
- Plan, organise and manage successful completion of the waste management responsibilities as required by the project scope.
- Ensure that the solid waste management requirements of local legislation and international best practice standards are complied with.
- Assist in generating and following up on business opportunities throughout UAE and in other KEO locations where required by the Supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation or contribute to tender proposals for the Waste and Environmental Departments in their own right, and for cross discipline bids managed by Project Managers within other KEO Divisions.
- Assist in the preparation and arrangement of presentations and meetings with potential and current Clients.
- Site works may be required as part of this position.
- Responsible for managing the assigned project or projects incompliance with the established KEO Project Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Develop and maintain professional and meaningful relationships with the client representatives to ensure program and project requirements are being satisfied.
- To encourage and demonstrate by personal example the establishment and maintenance of a harmonious and productive work environment. Where necessary, however, to implement disciplinary action in accordance with KEO policy and procedure.
- Effective and efficient administration of project accounts, management of internal job costing in relation to the fee and service and resource requirements.
- Staff selection, recruitment, development and training in accordance with Divisional policy and practices.
- Ensuring compliance with all KEO internal processes and procedures.
- Providing reports (internal and external) in accordance with Divisional, Program and Project requirements.
- Prepare staff loading schedules and monitor performance – profit & loss responsibility.
- Ensure work is conducted with quality assurance protocols.
- Attend and chair relevant meetings.
- Manage preparation of dashboard and progress reports for clients and senior management.
- Identify and resolve issues, including management, technical or administrative, to ensure that the program objectives are achieved.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for PM services.
- BSc or BEng - Waste Management or Environmental Science
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years experience, ideally based in the Region.
- Knowledge of Environmental & Solid Waste Management Legislative requirements (various Middle East locations), or possess the ability to acquire knowledge quickly.
- MCIWM would be advantageous
- Experience across all fields of Solid Waste Management (from planning, to design and monitoring).
- Experience in Envrionmental management reporting and studies highly regarded.
- Experience in the Waste to Energy field is highly desirable.
- Qualifications in Solid Waste Management highly desirable.
- Previous experience in managing planning, design and construction on large projects and programs.
- Positive client relationship and professional firm image.
- Strong leadership, people and management skills and business acumen.
- Effective verbal and written communication proficiency.
- Prior experience ensuring projects and programs meet financial objectives.
- Time management and task prioritization skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
KEO offers long term career opportunities, generous expatriate salary packages and dynamic career development opportunities. In addition, KEO provides full assistance in relocation from A-Z with a team of experienced HR professionals trained to support you and your family through any relocation process.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 50 years we've led with vision, contributing to many of the world's most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; and 44th largest global architecture firm. We draw from the expertise from over 60 nations, bringing experience from every major market of the globe. With over 2,500 multidisciplinary professionals and staff, we are an international professional consulting services firm.