Job description / Role
Manages and provides leadership and strategic direction for quality activities for a specific major bridge project to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and Parsons Quality requirements. This position provides leadership for the development and implementation of major project level Quality systems, procedures, and related quality activities. Regularly interacts with senior-level representatives from a variety of functional groups including program management, safety, design/engineering, contracts, procurement, construction, and other personnel.
• Provides Parsons Quality Systems leadership using the ISO 9001 Standard as the basis for process development and optimization, procedure development, data collection and reporting, and Quality Systems training.
• Directs and coordinates efforts to initiate (and maintain) Regional/ Project ISO 9001 QMS certification.
• Implements the defined Parsons’ Corrective Action/ Preventive Action and Non-conformance tracking program development including defining requirements and future administration and support of a unified, system to include tracking of NCR’s, CAR’s, Audit Findings, etc.
• Provides leadership, guidance and training to Quality personnel; monitors performance, and identifies skills, training, and capabilities needed for Quality activities.
• Develops and provides consistent quality training programs to key Resource Center personnel including direct reports.
• Provides Quality support in the Parsons Guidance Document Development Program initiative.
• Supports staffing requirements in the Regional Units, and assisting in the training needs of related offices, projects and facilities.
• Provides continued support and improvement of the Parsons’ Quality Management System.
• Directs preparation, issue and maintain Regional and/or project Quality program manual(s) and procedures in compliance with Parsons and customers’ quality requirements, and ensure that these are implemented effectively.
• Ensures that Parsons and customers’ quality requirements are met for products and services provided, by verifying compliance with quality standards and quality program requirements.
• Acts as a liaison with customers, contractors and/or internal departments on quality related matters.
• Interfaces with other Regional Quality Managers as member of Corporate Quality Working Group to maintain the
• PACE Quality Guide and advance the overall performance of quality at Parsons.
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering from a recognized institution
• Experience in major highway & bridge project is required
• Minimum 15 years of related work experience in the field of quality management
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in a management capacity.
• Lead Auditor certification (ISO 9001 or equal), ASQ certification (CMQ/CQE.) or other related certifications.
• Active membership in a nationally recognized Quality organization.
• Requires management ability and extensive knowledge of Quality Management practices, processes and current technology.
• Requires thorough experience in directing and implementing quality management systems and standards specified by ISO 9000, ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar organizations.
• Requires the ability to communicate clearly, conduct presentations to management and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
• Proficiency in analyzing situations in business terms, i.e. ROI, cost per unit, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with other departments in a tactful and effective manner.
• Strong leadership and management skills, excellent written and verbal communication, strong analytical, problem solving, and risk assessment skills. Ability to make public presentations.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong working knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems Standards.
• Ability to direct and manage team members with day to day activities as well as special projects to assure timely completion.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior (Quality) QA/QC Engineer - EPC - Office Based
Ark In Interio
QA QC Manager
Senior QA/QC Engineer (Quality)