Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
WSP is looking for a suitable candidate for the post of Senior Resident Engineer with over 10 years' of experience in management and administration of a Contract including supervision, coordination of construction, inspection, testing and commissioning of the project with particular emphasis on meeting the contract requirements with respect to time, quality and cost during the construction phase. He should have extensive experience of working at site from start to handover of large size building & fit outs projects
Your new role, what's involved?
* Considering the importance of the Projects, the Sr. RE is expected to be proactive, maintaining a close coordination role and work as a team with both the Project and the client. It is important to emphasize that the main roles of the Sr. RE. are two-fold: to monitor progress of the construction program and report progress against the plan to client on a regular basis;
* Establish a construction management plan to ensure all contracts are administered to a common standard and practice
* Establish procedures for inspection approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* Monitor the project schedule and the project progress against the EPC Contractor's construction and commissioning schedule and assist the EPC Contractor's planning and interfacing activities to limit the impact of any program deviations. Any delays should be identified at an early date and remedies agreed with the EPC Contractor;
* Monitor and coordinate interfaces between the Plant and other parties or contractors providing interconnection and other facilities;
* Supervise the project construction, commissioning and testing activities of SWRO plant to ensure compliance with the contractual requirements.
* Facilitate necessary co-ordination in the construction of the Interface facilities, the Plant and associated works such as Seawater Intake/Outfall Facilities, the Power transmission facilities and the Water storage and transmission facilities, as described in WPA and other requirements.
* Ensure that construction and erection is performed in accordance with the Contract, the design documents, the applicable codes and standards, and other requirements of accepted industry practices;
* Verify, inspect and audit HSE compliance and quality assurance as per the programme agreed between the Client and the Project Company in accordance with WPA and other requirements; and
* On regular basis at the Projects site, attend the Site work progress meeting with the Client and the Project Company to discuss work progress and identify the areas of concern if any and update the Work progress to client every week in a detailed Progress Report for the project.
* Supervise & Witness the carrying out of all Start up Tests, reliability run and performance tests, review all related documentation and certify that the Plants have been successfully tested in accordance with the terms and conditions of the WPA.
* Supervise the review of testing and commissioning procedure and comment and approve testing and commissioning procedures in accordance with Water Purchase Agreement.
* Agree and implement procedures for checking and reporting material received at the SWRO Plant Site;
* Review the EPC Contractor's plans for site management and monitor his staffing plan for efficient use of supervisory personnel, labour, materials, and equipment on the SWRO Plant Site;
* Review the EPC Contractor's QA/QC program for thoroughness and compliance with the requirements of the EPC Contract and applicable codes and standards;
* Develop and maintain a punch list of open items and expedite their completion and close-out by the EPC Contractor;
* Responsible for handing the project over to client and Submit lesson-learned report to the Client in related to the issues faced during the projects as well as mitigation procedures in all aspects.
* Assist the Client in assessing the competency and qualifications of any proposed subcontractors of the EPC Contractor.
* Adhere to WSP way of working to foster a culture for safe and vibrant work culture while simultaneously complying with WSP's ethics, code of conduct policies.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in Engineering
* Minimum 10 to 15 years of working experience with similar capacity.
* Experience in leading supervision activities of Shell & Core - Fit out Projects (all key organization, staffing, health and safety, quality assurance, design and construction control issues, materials sampling, commissioning and testing procedures.) for a Supervision Consultancy or PMC
* Experience in leading supervision activities on similar projects of Museum, Airport, City halls etc. - projections with in the region.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.