Job description / Role
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Khalifa city, UAE. The Work scope comprises roads, infrastructure and street scape.
The Senior Resident Engineer will represent the consultant (PIL) on the project and will administer the operational functions of the day-to-day activities of the construction supervision on the project He will supervise the work of the members of the construction supervision team to ensure that the project will be completed as per the contract.
• Act as the Engineer’s Representative.
• Direct supervision and coordination of the construction works to achieve construction in accordance with the Contract Documents.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team namely, the Resident Engineers, inspectors, surveyors and materials teams.
• Lead the construction supervision team.
• Manage construction supervision, quality control, financial control, hand over and other site operations.
• Act as the point of contact for Contractors.
• Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule and review the Contractor’s progress reports. Asses the progress and inform the PMC and the client in case of delay.
• Manage the change procedure in agreement with the client and issue properly authorized instructions to the Contractor, as appropriate.
• Report to the Construction Director actual progress against the schedule and cost objectives approved by client.
• Identify specific problems that have occurred, and the proposed solutions by the Contractors, as appropriate.
• Provide claims analysis support, including dispute resolution.
• Participate in contract close-out activities.
• Coordinate with all concerned parties on all construction (and design) issues.
• Chair the progress meetings with the Contractor and report on issues, as necessary.
• Report issues, status and progress of works on site.
• Monitor the Contractor’s performance.
• Monitor concerned authorities (agencies) approvals.
• Monitor and report on deficiencies related to planned resources.
• Review Contractor’s progress reports.
• Assess progress on site and prepare reports to be submitted to the Client.
• Coordinate (as necessary) all utility matters between contractors and all concerned Agencies.
• Set and monitor duration of submittal review and approval of shop drawings, material submittals, etc.
• Monitor and manage the as built records.
• Provide final approval to Works and arrange handover and manage the contract close out activities.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project.
• Fully accountable and responsible for ensuring the Project Safety Plan (PSP) is in place and functioning from the beginning of the project; participates in PSP development. Ensures that all Parsons Project based employees work safely and in accordance with the PSP.
• Maintain a daily dairy by him, all Resident Engineers and daily reports by all inspectors.
• Check and verify the information in the Contractor’s daily report including all the resources (labour, equipment and materials).
• Maintain awareness of contracts financial status.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognized accredited University.
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations.
• Minimum twenty (20) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of major road & utility projects of complex nature.
• Large infrastructure project experience is preferred.
• Proven ability to perform independently and work in a large multi-discipline team.
• Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills.
• Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
• Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
• Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
• Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialized principles.
• Proven ability to perform in a middle management capacity.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.