Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Roads Engineer , to join our award-winning team based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
This position is responsible in preparing a wide range of highways engineering schemes and will be part of a multidisciplinary team providing highways design advice and solutions on large scale developments.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Preparing highway designs to relevant local standards.
- Carries out feasibility and optioneering designs.
- Developing and prepares design drawings, inputs into reports, design reports, technical and materials specifications.
- Resolving simple design problems using both manual and computer methods with minimal supervision.
- Assisting in obtaining design approval from authorities/agencies.
- Maintaining quality control and quality standards in all personal work output, checking computations, designs, drawings, plans, and estimates prepared for comprehensiveness, technical accuracy and sound application of engineering principles and standards.
- Managing activities within own field of responsibility.
- Using initiative to ensure that work processes, procedures and systems are effective and efficient.
- Communicating effectively at all levels to support collaborative work practices and achievement of team goals.
- Contributing to the effective functioning of the team by identifying with and participating in the attainment of team objectives, communicating, and sharing knowledge.
- Managing own continuous development and support the development of colleagues.
- Maintaining Client focus on the delivery of services of the team.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Preparing transportation design programmes based on detailed work breakdown structures for projects
- Resolving day-to-day problems
- Communicating effectively at all levels to support collaborative work practices and achievement of team goals
- Contributing to the effective functioning of the team by identifying with and participating in the attainment of team objectives, communicating and sharing knowledge
- Providing feedback and day-to-day coaching to junior staff within the discipline
- Preparing cost estimates for infrastructures design projects
- Developing of technical proposals for a range of different developments.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a Bachelors degree in Transportation or Civil Engineering with at least 10 years experience in a consultancy environment of which at least 4 were spent working on GCC projects.
- You will be a member of a transportation professional institution and working towards professional accreditation of either IEng, CEng or P.E. Proficiency in AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D as well as the ability to use Navisworks, Infraworks will be preferable
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.