Job description / Role
Our Client has established a global reputation as a leading provider of security printing, physical security, business solutions, intelligent transportation systems and commercial card printing.
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for managing product offerings’ sales in the assigned region(s) with an ultimate goal to increase sales volume and meet the division’s sales targets.
The ideal candidate would come from a Systems Integrator background, and have extensive experience in managing sales and presales teams, a proven track record of exceeding sales targets and an established network of connections within government and private sector, especially in the UAE.
Main Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide direction and manage sales and presales staff in performing their delegated tasks.
• Set standards and performance measures and regularly conduct performance appraisals.
• Ensure that all sales and presales staff acquire required skill sets, knowledge and certifications through appropriate training and professional development programs as well as coaching and counselling.
• Develop and manage sales plans and operational budget.
• Contribute to the development and execution of the division’s objectives and ensure alignment with the business unit’s strategy.
• Provide inputs towards the development of the division’s policies and procedures and ensure that they are properly implemented.
• Responsible for the development and allocation of the annual sales targets for respective region(s), and to actively monitor individual sales performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Responsible for overall Lead Management process including intelligence collection, pipeline assembly, local partner identification and client education.
• Supervise the bid management process to ensure completeness and timely authorization.
• Analyze the market and assess the different sales channels.
• Identify, build and maintain strong relationships with key players in the assigned region(s).
• Supervise the development and management of partnerships with technology vendors.
• Ensure that new opportunities are won and existing clients’ contracts are renewed/extended.
• Identify, assign and work with channel partners to bid jointly on selected tenders and manage relationship throughout bidding process.
• Maintain a presence in key trade shows pertaining to the business unit.
• Ensure complete and timely entry of any required information in the CRM system.
Background and Experience
• Degree in Business Administration or Computer Engineering / Science; MBA is a plus
• Cumulative experience of 10+ years, with at least 5 years within similar role.
• Proven expertise in effectively managing sales and presales teams within a systems integrator context.
• Demonstrated track record of exceeding sales targets.
• Established network of connections within government and private sector, especially in the UAE.
• Proven proficiency in managing key accounts and closing medium to large-scale deals.
• Excellent presentation, communication, selling and negotiation skills.
• Established know-how in different project models such as BOT, PPP, frame, and direct financing.
• Effective management of channel partners as well as technology vendors.
• Extensive experience in selling Enterprise Business Applications (ECM, BPM, Case Management, e-Correspondence, Portals, etc.)
• Excellent knowledge in Electronic / Smart Government (e-Services, ESB/GSB, etc.)
• Good understanding of one or more of the following domains is a big plus:
-Queue Management Systems
-Electronic Payment (EBPP, Prepaid Systems, Fees Collection, etc.)
• Familiarity with physical security systems for commercial and homeland security is a plus
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• Ability to plan and think strategically
• Effective time management skills
• Thrive under stress and tight deadlines
• Leadership, people management, coaching and development skills
• Fast learner that can quickly and efficiently adjust to new business and technical domains
• Excellent multitasker
• Customer focused, well balancing between best fit and best practice
• Great attention to details, yet without losing focus on the big picture
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally (10%-25%)
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 30 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.