Job description / Role
• Prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
• To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
• Mark work, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of students' progress and development.
• Research new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials.
• Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts and interactive whiteboards.
• Prepare students for qualifications and external examinations when required.
• Manage students behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior.
• undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
• Communicate with parents and cares over students' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole-school training events.
• Participate in and organize extracurricular activities.
• Undertake any additional duties as requested by the Principal.
• Bachelor Degree in English language or BA and post graduate certificate specialized in English language.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the same post.
• Knowledge and experience of DSIB inspection preferred.
• Experience of the IGCSE curriculum is preferred.
About the Company
The Beaconhouse group has almost 308,000 fulltime students in eight countries and is possibly the largest school network of its kind in the world. Established in November 1975 as the Les Anges Montessori Academy with 19 toddlers, Beaconhouse has since grown into an international network of private schools, imparting distinctive and meaningful learning to students all the way from birth – through its partnership in Pakistan with Gymboree Play & Music – to post-graduation, through Concordia Colleges and the Beaconhouse National University.
Of these students, close to 101,000 study at the group’s flagship network, the Beaconhouse School System, in Pakistan as well as overseas, while the remaining are largely enrolled at The Educators, a parallel school network operated by the group.
The Beaconhouse of today is thus much more than just a stand-alone school. Through distinct and independent divisions across multiple destinations including the UK, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Oman, the UAE, Pakistan and Belgium, it caters to the education and training needs of a large and diverse group of individuals of varying ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, and nationalities, with its activities also extending beyond education in some countries.
Teacher - Foundation, Primary and Secondary
Instructor in English Language
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||18 Nov|
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
English Foundation Program Instructor
School Support Manager
Beaconhouse School System