Job description / Role
The primary role of this position is to support in developing, maturing and maintaining the organisations security architecture; leading or assisting in the creation, implementation and management of security systems; implementing, monitoring, and maintaining security operational processes; and producing reports for the assessment and functioning of security operations.
A well-established organisation going though exciting changes and investing heavily in new technology. Centred around developments in technology and digital, the focus is now to bring in the best talent to help facilitate and drive the growth and evolution of this great organisation.
* Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
* Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
* Ensure the secure configuration and operation of security hardware and software
* Ensure that necessary changes to security policy documentation are incorporated as directed by the Head of Department.
* Work in partnership with other Information Security and IT staff to ensure key security controls are working as intended, recommending improvements where appropriate
* Collaborate with security organisation team members to assess and analyse security operations and suggests improvement.
* Identifies risks to information resources through risk analysis.
* Work with the business and IT to specify Cybersecurity controls and convey security control requirements to users and information custodians.
* Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
* Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
* Prepares system security reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Attractive tax-free salary
* Fast-moving transformation environment
* Exciting project portfolio and the opportunity to work with the latest technology
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology/Information Systems/Computer sciences from an accredited 3-4 year program
* Holds an Information/cyber security related certification: CISSP - The Certified Information Systems Security Professional; CISM - Certified Information Security Manager; GIAC - Global Information Assurance Certification; or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker.
* At least 7-9 years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years in the Information/Cyber Security field. The remainder with one or more of the following: networks and telecommunications, IT Audit, or IT Risk.
* Display strong knowledge of Networks, firewalls and perimeter security.
* Display knowledge of IT processes: application development, change and release management, incident and problem management, software asset management, IT risk management, security management, data management.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Network Security Engineer
Security Operations Manager for an International IT Security Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Senior SOC Security Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||16 Jul|
Senior Systems Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jul|
Cyber Security Engineer - Ecommerce