Job description / Role
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, they are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
The Senior Service Architect is an integral part of the Service Operations team, ensuring our customers receive Service Design & a Service Strategy which contractually and operationally meet their requirements. The Service Architect is responsible for the design of Service Offerings and the Service Catalogue & Portfolio for our customers across the Group.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Infrastructure and Operations on delivering strong service models and a clear demand management pipeline as well as a game changing Service Strategy in our mission to provide a world class customer service across the business.
We're looking for a strong candidate who is sharp, adaptable and agile enough to resolve problems, proactively think about solutions and get "hands-on" when needed; who can context switch between the day to day service models and operational readiness mechanisms and long term strategic thinking defining, crafting and designing our services for success; through core service architecture initiatives.
You must have the ability to think strategically, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of current and future trends in the Service Architecture space, with a sound knowledge and experience of Service Strategy & Design, Service Catalogues & Portfolios, Service Models & Integrations (in particular SIAM) as well as Capacity & Demand Management.
What you'll be doing:
- Service organization design (ensuring fit for purpose and fit for service), focusing on the Service operational processes definitions
- Stakeholder engagement with a variety of multi-faceted Tech and business teams to agree processes & interfaces as well as process work instruction
- Service reporting design, ITSM tool design with design proposals being presented to senior stakeholders and customers
- Solutionising Services for Change Requests on those projects which require out of scope deliverables
- Work closely with Architecture & Engineering teams as well as Service Delivery Managers and Business Relationship Managers to establish, define and design where needed the service management products to be considered at the initiation phase, at the same time as Technical and Solution Architects are engaged
- Ensuring the Service Management products are delivered in advance of major changes and initiatives as well as Service enhancements and changes at the point of go-live; drive awareness campaigns and workshops, document and update Service Models
- Review, re-negotiate, update, or create Service Level and Operating Level Agreements (SLAs / OLAs) as well as Critical Success Factors (CSFs) that will ultimately define and measure the Quality of Service (QoS) provided to our customers through the Service Architecture framework
- Assist and develop the Service Transition framework with the Service Transition Manager, delivering world class game changing services for our customers
- Assure customer and regulatory requirements and contractual obligations are covered in a technical service led solution
- Assurance of technical designs demonstrating a high level of understanding with respect to customer drivers, customer requirements, contractual agreements, service architecture and service management
- Create assured Service Models to support Service Operation teams in the delivery of Tech Services, to ensure the technical solution is fit for service and fit for purpose
- Work closely with all service providers to input on service elements that are key to technical solutions and ensure the scalability of the end to end solutions and services being put into place
What you'll need to succeed:
You view Service Architecture as a critical corner stone for any successful technology services framework in a fast paced, pressurised business landscape and you constantly look to improve the integrity of services designed and implemented for your customers; with a specific focus on Customer Centricity and unlocking value; providing a game changing Service composition which can scale at ease and accommodate the needs of the business. You can lead and manage difficult tasks whilst keeping a calm atmosphere across teams, working closely with multi-faceted Tech teams to derive an all-encompassing Service framework designed with the value proposition and the customer in mind.
- In-depth Problem-Solving skills
- Design & Innovation skills, with a clear track record of successful Service Model design and delivery
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 is essential, preferably with a certification in ITIL Service Strategy (ITILSS)
- Service Design and Architecture experience within an eCommerce organisation
- Service Implementation background and Service Management Tool design & specification experience
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills required to operate as a leading member of a service operations team that delivers a world class service to its customers
- Excellent technical service architecture skills, enabling the creation of future proof highly complex scalable global service models and solutions
- Champions Technology service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as the Service Operations framework
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the application of service offerings provided by the Tech division at Chalhoub at global scale.
- Extensive, real-world experience designing and architecting services within complex enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures for global applications, particularly eCommerce and Digital Transformation programmes
- Experience with multi-tier system development for large enterprises and in designing service models at both the logical and physical layers in support of multi-tier systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards in eCommerce, Supply Chain and distribution platforms in the context of service design and engineering
- Experience in full development lifecycle phases, including cultural frameworks such as DevOps and Agile environments
- Strong experience in various requirements gathering techniques, extensive experience in Service Architecture and end to end solution design
- Strong experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in value driven fast paced versatile operational environments
- Customer obsessed with the ability to identify and understand both internal and external customer's needs
- Creative and versatile problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify, develop and implement solutions that scale at ease, to address gaps and meet the needs of our customers
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.