Job description / Role
As a Senior Service Delivery Manager, you are an integral part of the service operations team and represent all consumer facing technology services across the company. You are responsible for ensuring all service support and service delivery actions are taken to meet the customers/business and tech requirements for those services.
A progressive multinational organisation with both a strong middle east and global presence who pride themselves on providing the highest level of service to their customer base.
* Drive and deliver the tech service management strategy and to make sure it aligns with the overall technology and company strategy.
* Lead and instill continuous service improvement of the service provided by the service operations teams through working across a wide range of tech teams and by introducing new ideas, concepts and standards from outside the business.
* Manage and drive innovation and quality through the company's service management framework, to ensure all services are delivered with a value proposition in mind, empowering and enabling the business setting them up for success from a Technology services standpoint.
* Lead and champion service management in project meetings - developing a strong understanding of the technology backlog impacting your service areas and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed with the business.
* Effectively monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are advocated and followed in collaboration with the Service Operations management team.
* Responsible for managing customer expectations, ensuring that KPI's, SLA's and customer requirements are met, maintained and exceeded.
* Engage with key internal business contacts and with senior management through regular service management reporting and service reviews. Maintain, improve and maximise working relationships with management and colleagues.
* Build positive relationships with suppliers & key stakeholders to deliver services which meets and exceeds the business needs.
* Conduct supplier performance reviews with 3rd parties in your domain area to review service delivery and drive improvements.
* Undertake effective contract management across all the Service portfolio you deliver both within the tech team and across the company.
* Act as a lead role on foreseeing potential risks and issues, establishing a process to minimise or mitigate key risks/issues in your Service area.
* Manage operational costs and contractual negotiations for renewals on all third-party contracts for support and maintenance of associated enterprise systems ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the business.
* Practice service level agreements (SLA's) in relation to service area of responsibility, ensuring the SLA's are achieved; service quality and internal customer expectations are met or exceeded.
* Work with service operations teams to ensure Incident, Problem and Change management processes are delivering requited outcomes to the SDM function.
* Drive agreement on business KPI's and quality attributes for services in your area of responsibility, ensuring appropriate NFR's and KPI's are understood within project workstreams.
* Accountable for quality of service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
* Build and maintain relationships with key third-party suppliers, reviewing service delivery reports and driving service improvements, ensuring quality of service, performance and adequate capacity.
* Drive internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes.
* Work with senior managers to ensure adequate disaster recovery and business continuity plans & procedures are in place and regularly tested.
* Attractive salary
* Dynamic work environment
* Exciting project portfolio and the opportunity to work in a leading organisation
* Possess a great deal of in-depth Service Management experience in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
* You will have strong experience of Service Delivery and have managed a team of Service Delivery Managers across multiple disciplines and at differing levels.
* Proven record of supporting complex mission critical services in busy environments preferably in the Retail (eCommerce) and Supply Chain sectors.
* You have strong experience in customer experience across channels. You will have worked for a retailer with a strong digital presence and you will understand what the customer experience needs to look like across a multi-channel environment.
* Proven track record of building strong relationships across senior stakeholders and of positively influencing senior stakeholders and leadership teams.
* Ability to balance the delivery of an excellent service with the development of your team, ensuring we live our Group values, behaviours and priorities in all that we do.
* Service Management or support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
* Strong knowledge of ITIL disciplines, particularly in the field of Service Delivery Management.
* Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services.
* Must be ITIL v3 foundation certified, ITIL Lifestyle Service Operations course is preferable (ITILLSO).
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
IT Project Manager - Contract
IT Technical Support Manager - ITIL Expert
Customer Success Manager
Senior Manager Service Assurance