Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for an Architect to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Key Duties and Tasks:
• Hands on in monitoring the interior architectural works for conformance with the provisions of the contract documents and the procedures manual.
• Reviewing, and processing all interior shop drawings and architectural technical submittals.
• Healthcare facility project delivery/construction experience
• Answering RFI’s related to interior architecture.
• Coordinating and supervising the work of all interior architectural activities and operations.
• Lead the coordination process with other disciplines
• Reviewing contractor’s interior architectural change order proposals and preparing recommendations to the Project Manager.
• Review and inspection of materials and suppliers to ensure required standards
• Visit manufactures/suppliers to ensure quality will be achieved
• Inspect materials delivered on site for quality and compliance with specification
• Monitor [sub] contractor’s performance in relation to acceptable standards.
• Liaison and coordinate with the necessary specialized sub-consultants.
• Reviewing contractor’s claims related to interior architectural works and preparing technical recommendations for claims to the Project Manager
• Reviewing the contractor’s project record documents relevant to their discipline.
• Managing the interior inspectors.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works and monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the interior architectural works.
• Prepare weekly technical interiors report
• Signing off on completed interior architectural works with completed documentation
• Perform all other duties given by the Project Manager
• Minimum 10 experience
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Architecture.
• Strong technical knowledge in interior details, all interior material and interface details, and accommodating/coordinating medical equipment’s requirements.
• Good knowledge of the building code
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office business solution (Excel, Word).
• Excellent understanding of specifications and Authority requirements.
• Good team player, proactive thinker, systemic and organized, innovative & problem solving
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jun|
Site Architect / Site Interior Designer
In House Architect
Design Manager - Architecture
|Abu Dhabi||7 Apr|
Senior Interior Architect