Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Mechanical Inspector to supervise, monitor and inspect the construction activities carried out by contractor on site on behalf of employer in accordance with specification, approved drawings and method statements.
A typical week would include:
* Inspect and record the construction works carried out by the contractor on site and resolve the site generated issues.
* Ensure performance of the work carried out accordance with the drawings and specification.
* Involve in supervision and Inspection of 'additional works.
* Process the joint measurement forms and maintain the records of their status.
* Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-built plans
* Make special notes and document the contractor's activities that may lead to claims.
* Check all form works, Job order, IR. Etc.
* Follow the project specs. during inspection work.
* Adhere to safe working methods and report to Senior Engineer for any activity on site.
* Maintain a detailed diary of the day's work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used etc, and sign at the end of each day.
* Responsible to check the `Day work records submitted by contractor
* Maintain records of site resources, daily progress of work, inspections, construction and workshop drawings, method statements.
* Draft site instructions for any required variations from, or additions to, the contract documents.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical works (i.e. building services mechanical) installation of pumps, HVAC, piping, fire protection, etc
* Good experience on final acceptance criteria of the quality of work.
* Knowledge of inspection test plans and procedures.
* Work experience with consultants for Inspection of total construction activities on site.
* Familiar with use of computer languages - Microsoft office and Auto Cad.
* Driving license (experience) will be beneficial.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.