Job description / Role
• Plan and supervise the monthly/quarterly financial closing process in coordination with the sections of Finance Department.
• Review the completeness and accuracy of the accounting process for the Value Added Tax ‘VAT’.
• Ensure the all period transactions are captured from internal and external modules; and perform high level review before closing the financial period.
• Review the monthly trial balance, standard reports and annual financial statements for RTA and its subsidiaries.
• Represent the Finance Department on internal committees/team related to stock counts, process improvement/automation projects.
• Ensure compliance with Finance Department accounting policies and procedures and coordinate with the Department of Finance, Government of Dubai for accounting policies and procedures updates such as IPSAS, IFRS ..etc.
• Supervise the timely and accurate completion of various complex account and system reconciliations and achieve the monthly KPI’s for closing and reconciliation.
• On a quarterly basis review balance sheet with the Manger and where inconsistencies to reconciliations emerge, take remedial action or refer to relevant personnel as appropriate.
• Identify the risk accuracy in the section and update the profile and recommend the best solution to reduce the risk as per RTA matrix.
• Review the chart of account maintenance requests and maintain integrity of the accounting system.
• Liaison with auditors during the internal and external audit project and address any risks and observations reported.
• Provide expert advice to management on best practices related to internal controls, accounting processes and; international accounting and reporting standards.
• Effectively supervise and provide leadership to junior team members by developing their technical and professional skills.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate.
• Bachelor/Masters preferred in Commerce/Economics/Financial Sciences from a recognized University.
• 8 years of working experience.
• Specialized Professional certificates such as CPA or ACA.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.