Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Job Role Summary
We are looking for a Senior Specialist - Commercial Buyer & Merchandiser to join our buying department.
This role will assist in all categories of merchandise's functions such as sourcing & buying at optimum cost; maximizing profits; providing a commercially viable range of merchandise within Customers expectations of a Theme Park; Merchandising & Space Planning; reporting as per requirements & guidelines.
- Assist in the elaboration & execution of the merchandising strategy
- Closely work with the HOD of the Merchandising Dept to meet commercial goals, taking into consideration consumer peculiarities and local needs
- Manage and maintain an on-going reporting system to monitor and optimize sales and defining detailed action plans to ensure the correct mix of products in the shop
- Propose forecasts based on historical data, trend analysis and other approaches
- Responsible of proposing seasonal orders and re-orders
- Analyze sales data, account buying trends and forecasting future sales volumes
- Support overall business planning
- Build strong collaborations with relevant Store's Managers including Visual Merchandising, as well as Merchandise's Operations and Training
- Closely collaborate with Retail team to ensure the implementation of Company guidelines, matching product push while granting rotation as per plans
- Ensure constant presence & stores visit when needed, to check product sales trends, clientele profile, presence of a balanced product assortment and appropriate product exposure as well as a consistent image of the stores
- Analyze the market and the competitors to identify needs/issues & propose actions
- Provide market benchmarks, along with periodic analysis to HOD and suggest action plans accordingly
- Maintain & develop existing Products Catalogue & Planogram
- Deliver seasonal merchandising products training
- Coordinate the dedicated team and oversee correct execution of buying activities
- Ensure to cascade relevant information to concerned parties as well as involved teams
- Perform other duties as required
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Preferably a University Degree in any discipline followed by qualification in Retailing or Retail Management/ Purchase/ Sales or related programs
- Buying experience and expertise typically gained over a period of at least 8-10 years.
- A proven track record in the field of Buying & Retailing.
- Good knowledge and experience in the (related) industry through work experience with international principals
- Sound Merchandising knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert at Excel
- Ability to work alongside other functions
- General knowledge of Merchandising processes
- General knowledge of retail environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical product knowledge
- Ability to convincingly present category knowledge using PowerPoint and spreadsheet software tools
- Fluency in the English language (speaking, reading, writing) at business level (knowledge of Arabic language is not required)
- Interested in working in a truly multicultural environment
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||6 Jul|
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jun|
Purchase/Procurement Officer for a Leading FMCG Manufacturing Company
RTC-1 Employment Services
Senior Procurement Officer
The Department of Culture and Tourism - Abu Dhabi
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|