Job description / Role
Working alongside the Senior Manager Legal Affairs, the SVP Legal Affairs and other lawyers in the Legal Affairs Department, the role will support the business by assisting with various legal matters across flydubai's operations with a focus on the matters encompassed by the aircraft financing portfolio.
Day to day role will encompass aircraft finance and related matters, including engineering, BFE and fuel agreements, contract interpretation, drafting, negotiation and providing advice to the business on risk management. The role may be required to supervise and/or manage your own reports.
- Responsible to portfolio Senior Manager for general legal matters relating to the assigned portfolio or any other legal matters required by the Senior Manager and which may arise from time to time.
- Responsible for running large, medium and small transactions with little support from portfolio Senior Manager.
- Lead, mentor, develop and train other attorneys to help them be successful in their roles and to progress in their skills and abilities.
- Facilitate, develop and conduct legal training seminars for internal clients to help raise awareness with respect to legal matters.
- Draft, review, amend and negotiate a broad range of agreements (including specialist agreements).
- Assess and advise on liabilities, legal restrictions and risks of proposed legal transactions and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet the commercial needs (where necessary having obtained legal opinions from external legal counsel).
- Identify, advise, implement and develop general and specialist legal strategy with the portfolio Senior Manager.
- Organizational Responsibility: (i) identify organizational needs; and (ii) initiate and complete projects to address such needs.
- Manage external legal counsel fees effectively to achieve desired results at reasonable costs.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and implementation of legal processes with respect to the specialist area.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
- University Degree in Law or equivalent or a Professional Diploma
- Admitted to practice preferably in a common law jurisdiction.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of specialized experience in the relevant practice area post-qualification (with a reputable law firm or in-house).
- Experience in the Aviation sector and having worked in the Arabian Gulf preferred.
- Previous in-house legal experience beneficial, but not essential.
Knowledge / Skills
- Excellent PC skills and proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- English fluency, fluent oral and excellent written communication skills (proficient English drafting skills essential)
- Arabic knowledge an advantage, but not essential.
- Must possess excellent judgment and be able to work independently and juggle multiple priorities, in a fast-paced high growth environment.
- Ability to manage, work with and develop a team of professionals
- Certificate / License required
- Law degree preferably with a Masters.
- Practising certificate or equivalent.
- Additional Requirements
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Integrity and personable in character.
- Proactive and flexible, with an eye for detail and the ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to present and public speaking.
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing others
- Decision Making
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.