Job description / Role
JOB PURPOSE :
The New Energies & International Growth directorate is a newly formed entity in ADNOC aimed at achieving the ADNOC mandate of maximum energy minimum emissions. Within this directorate is the newly formed CCUS division which is aimed at managing the CCUS activities across ADNOC. In specific, the team is responsible for ensuring the successful realization of the CCUS strategy for the future.
Sr Specialist Market Analysis is key for the CCUS division. The incumbent will be responsible for working on topics such as the CCUS strategy, business models & economics.
CCUS Strategy (General / Division Mandates)
- Participates to the development of a comprehensive and exhaustive CCUS strategy for ADNOC Group
- Ensures the setup and establishment of a profitable CCUS business/businesses
- Ensures scale up of our CCS capacity to be able to meet customer demands
- Champion and represent CCUS activities across ADNOC
CCUS Business Models & Economics
- Build & runs economic models for carbon dioxide capture systems, carbon dioxide transport and storage systems or integrated economic models along the CCUS value chain.
- Design and develop novel/innovative business models that align with the CCUS function's mandate of building a world class capture, transport, and storage company.
- Conduct financial analysis to evaluate the profitability and viability of proposed business models and make recommendations for opportunities for optimization / improvement.
- Develop carbon dioxide transport and storage tariff setting mechanisms / pricing strategies that balance company's pricing objectives with market demand and competitive pressures. Develop an understanding risk allocation and impact on tariff setting and pricing strategy.
- Lead the benchmarking of developed economic models against peers (other national oil companies, international oil companies, service companies, etc.)
- Develop the Long Term business plan (long term projection of revenues, capex, opex, cash flows, profitability)
Carbon Markets & Business Intelligence:
- Work with Group Sustainability & Climate Change in carbon management activities including discussing the portfolio of carbon credits including sourcing, trading and reporting relating to CCUS projects.
- Conduct market analysis of carbon markets including pricing trends, market size, and demand drivers to inform the CCUS business strategy. Work with ADNOC Carbon trading opportunity generation and Group Sustainability to ensure our decarbonization targets are met.
- Collect, scavenge, and analyze data from various sources (IHS, S&P Global, Wood Mackenzie) and prepare CCUS business intelligence to the division and function to showcase best trends, technology interests, opportunity trends for global CCUS activities.
CCUS Policies & Regulations
- Understand global carbon markets and policies in the CCUS international markets.
- Participates to the development of policies and identify suitable advocacy and negotiation elements in supporting policies and regulation to facilitate commercialization of CCUS projects
- Provide input for preparation of the division and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved division policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the division work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the division in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Regular interaction with SVP, New Energies & Business Intelligence, VP International Growth and VPs of Hydrogen business functions (Technical, Business Development)
- Frequent interaction with leadership across central functions and across ADNOC Group BLDs to ensure alignment across the ADNOC value chain when it comes to deployment of CCUS
- Frequent interaction with Group Companies' leadership under different BLDs
- Frequent interaction with LC&IG clients and strategic partners to ensure relationship is proactively managed with regular feedback to LC&IG Director
Ad-hoc interaction with local and government entities to discuss any initiatives that may be of interest to ADNOC leadership.
About the Company
We are one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for Abu Dhabi’s growth and diversification.
We operate across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, through a network of fully-integrated businesses, with interests that range from exploration, production, storage, refining and distribution, to the development of a wide-range of petrochemical products.
Since 1971, we have created thousands of jobs, driven the growth of a diverse knowledge-based economy, and played a key role in Abu Dhabi’s global emergence.
Today, we continue to look for new and innovative ways to maximize the value of our resources, pioneering those approaches and technologies that will ensure we are able to meet the demands of an ever-changing energy market, and continue to have a positive impact on the Abu Dhabi economy for generations to come.