Job description / Role
My client, a large mixed disciplinary consultancy is seeking a Senior Specification Writer for their Abu Dhabi office.
Candidates who fulfil the following criteria are invited to apply, due to Covid-19 travel restrictions preference to candidates who are in the UAE and available for an immediate start. .
* The Senior Spec writer will be responsible for writing, editing, and coordinating architectural specifications and related documents including master specifications.
* Will prepare outline specifications for design development phase; assemble project manuals for construction documents phase; and prepare agenda during bidding phase.
* Will share responsibility for maintenance of a technical resources library and research of methods, materials, and systems, work with project teams, edit specifications, with multiple projects concurrently.
* Must be able to coordinate, oversee, and review specification writing by other consultants.
* Participate in project design development, providing knowledge about sustainable product and material possibilities.
* Incorporate LEED and sustainable design philosophy into the company's master specifications, and work with individual project teams to select materials and products that support this design philosophy.
* Stay current on green architectural materials and products, write strong specifications which meets the agreed specification within the agreed timescale and in line with the department.
* Provide monthly documentation regarding the department activities, liaising with the architects, engineers, design heads and other department heads for effective communication, development of requirements.
* Create detailed specifications in line with the project requirements in coordination with the department heads in a timely manner ensuring all key aspects are being addressed.
* Develop a flexible but robust service ensuring any deadlines are met with very high satisfaction levels. Key is to identify the most cost effective solutions and all measures adopted for effective project tracking.
* Diploma / Master Degree in Architecture or Engineering
* 15 years and above total of experience, in particular minimum of 10 years at least in GCC region
* Fluent in English written and spoken, preferable to have Arabic language skills
* Experience in large scale projects, multi-disciplinary project structure, multinational organizations and knowledge of GCC culture
* Provides motivation and inspiration to implement a teamwork spirit with the colleagues and project team
* To protect the company reputation and maintain an outstanding performance up to the satisfaction of the client and stakeholders
* Accountable before the management of the company to execute the services with full compliances to the client's requirements and contract provisions, with innovative measures for efficient productivity and under the project allocated budget.
About the Company
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Ecommerce Content Writer
Right Calibre Executive Search