Job description / Role
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Worley is currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team in Abu Dhabi, UAE
Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Technical supervision of project designated Structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duty.
- Preparation /checking of Specifications, data sheets.
- Performance of bid evaluation and vendor document review and approval
- Review the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Review civil drawings and documents for building services drawings, such as: electrification, lighting, plumbing, and flooring, schedule of doors and windows, furniture and fixture details.
- Review civil drawings and documents, such as: foundation layouts, area pavement details, area drainage details, road works details, etc.
- Seeks input from knowledgeable sources, participates in constructability, operability, and maintainability reviews, and ensures that requirements are incorporated into engineering/design.
- Works with site personnel to resolve issues.
- Create plans or documents that supports construction, testing, commissioning, operations, maintenance, or decommissioning.
- Review and approve projects modifications as-built documents.
- Conduct site verification and data collection of existing and new facilities as part of study preparation
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Minimum 12 years' experience, 8 of which has been in FEED and detailed design of offshore structures
- 8 years Oil and Gas Industry experience in green-field and brown-field projects
- Offshore project experience is required
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Good English communication skills (spoken & written)
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.