Job description / Role
Senior Support Engineer - Professional Services
My client, a software company who provide real-time software for digital service providers (DSPs) worldwide, is searching for a Senior Support Engineer to join their UAE office.
Reporting to the VP of Support Engineering, the Senior Support Engineer will support all aspects of my client's Applications with Tier 1 Telco customers globally. Your responsibilities will require extensive and proactive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders throughout the customer and partner life-cycle.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with my client's engineering and professional services teams with the goal of becoming a software certified product expert. Your responsibilities will require you to take ownership of complex customer and partner reported issues, and to assist with project delivery in the deployment and operational handover phases. You will also be required to provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues.
Key functions of the role:
• Ability to provide remote support under stringent SLA to customers and partners in all aspects of the platform.
• Willingness to assist in onsite deployment and operational support activities
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rota.
• Telco experience in areas such as rating, pricing configuration, billing, policy control, networks and related domain experience
• Sensitivity to all aspects of the customer relationship with the goal of establishing and maintaining a highly professional and ‘trusted advisor’ position.
• Identify, communicate and drive improvement initiatives for the processes and tools relating to your role.
• Monitor mobile technology and industry developments to ensure your knowledge remains current.
Key skills and experience:
• At least 5 years working in a Support or Services role, preferably in the Telco environment
• At least 3 years working with real-time network technology (e.g. Intelligent Networks, OCS, real-time mediation, charging, policy control)
Evidence of technical expertise and significant experience in one or more of:
• Telecom Applications and Systems (IN, OCS, Billing, PCRF, Middleware)
• Telecom Networking protocols (SS7, MAP, INAP, CAP, DIAMETER)
• IT and Web Service Protocols (SOAP, REST)
• Scripting languages (Python, Perl)
• OS and Programming (LINUX, Java, other object-oriented languages)
• Monitoring protocols (SNMP, JMX)
• IP network design (routing/switching, load balancing, resilience concepts)
• Cloud/Virtualization (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
About the Company
RP International is the leading specialist recruitment consultancy in the established and emerging telecoms markets.
From our hubs covering the Americas, Europe the CIS, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific we have partnered with operators, vendors, systems integrators and consultancies in more than a hundred countries, giving us an in-depth understanding Of cultural sensitivities, local business practices and hiring requirements.
Our clients and candidates benefit from the long-term perspective and breadth of knowledge that comes from working with an industry partner.
From our beginnings providing telecoms expertise into deregulating markets, we have developed our range of services to supply executive search, contingent, contract and launch and transformation resource solutions across the industry.
Our historic success in cross-border search assignments connects our clients to a global network of industry talent.
We identify the best available candidates on a local, regional and international basis.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Support Engineer
A Leading Oil Trading and Shipping Company in the UAE