Senior System Analyst, Treasury
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
This is a hands on role providing second level support of Treasury and Enterprise applications (Compliance, Risk, audit etc) implemented within CBD
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Analyze the problems and business issues raised by the users with respect to the deployed applications systems
2. Lead and manage a team to provide support primarily for Treasury and allied applications.
3. Liaises with users to gather and consolidate the gaps existing in the deployed applications systems for enhancements
4. Coordinate with the Database Administrator and the Data Centre Operators, as and when required, to understand the data optimization and data modelling related issues
5. Coordinate with the IT Applications Systems Unit/Project Leaders, to be aware of the projects that will be developed and implemented which will subsequently reach the maintenance and support phase
6. Technical support to User Acceptance Tests
7. Involve in internal training programs, wherein will provide overview and user-training to business users on matters pertaining to deployed applications systems
8. Develop user manuals for the systems supported and conduct user trainings
9. Provide awareness training on the systems implemented to members of the IT department, as and when required.
10. Perform any other assignments as advised by the Unit Head to support in achieving the unit's objectives
11. Incident handling in respective applications as per bank's laid out policy.
- Academic - Graduate (Information Technology)
- Professional - Software Development related, ITSM
- Minimum 5 years in Software development or critical application support (Applications mentioned as part of principle accountabilities)
- Good knowledge and experience in Problem analysis and solving
- Good knowledge and experience in Query Language
- Good understanding in requirement analysis
- Knowledge of Software quality assurance
- Experience in the areas of Application Maintenance & knowledge of configuration management
- Good understanding of the techno-functional implications
- Experience in analysing the problem areas through discussions with the various stakeholders of IT Applications
- A good overview of the Banking functions
- Knowledge in IT Project Management; IT Quality Processes
- Knowledge on IT Security policies and their relevance to implementation and operational aspects of IT Applications
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.