Job description / Role
Successful, Boutique Design studio seek Senior Architect to assist with Technical Delivery of medium to large scale commercial, and institutional projects. This Architect will be taking full responsibility for implementing project development plans and ensuring all items of project deliverables are delivered on time and to the highest technical standards. You will report directly to the Project Leader and Senior management team.
• Development: Responsibility for the technical development of projects, from Schematic to Tender phases while guiding and supporting the production team
• Deliverables: Responsibility for the management of the project deliverables and for communicating all aspects of project deliverables to the production team and to Senior Management
• Approvals: Responsibility for all authority compliance and code compliance. Oversee submissions for building permit and Civil Defense
• Detailing: Responsibility for developing technical details of the project and for sharing knowledge of construction detailing.
• Detailing: Research different supplier’s details and liaison with suppliers to gain adequate reference material
• Specs: Shared responsibility for collating the CSI or NBS specification
• Coordination: Ensure construction drawings are fully coordinated with sub-consultants packages prior to submissions
• Tender: Select a suitable procurement route to suit client’s requirements
• Tender: Propose tender list, pre-qualify all tenderers and reply to RFIs
• Tender: Work with QS regarding BOQ and tender documents and reply to RFIs
• Tender: Review tender report and propose successful tenderer to client
• Post Contract: Ensure constant communication with the post contract team and advise on site related issues
• Post Contract: Review and advise on specialist sub-contractors’ design and shop drawings
• QC: Review of all drawing packages produced by the production team prior to issue
• QC: Establish and effectively implement Quality System Procedures, operational standards and standards of drafting, to be maintained and checked on a regular basis, with a report to be issued following each check and circulated to Senior Management
• QC: Track the issuance of all drawings and specifications, ensuring correct procedures are followed and adhered to by the production team and document controller
• HR: Responsibility for Human resource tracking in the production team
• HR: Constantly review resources available against those required for successful project implementation
• HR: Set and maintain acceptable efficiency levels and ‘lead’ by example
• HR: Responsibility to conduct performance evaluation of each team member annually
• PM: Setup MS project program of deliverables and drawings schedule for the inhouse production team. The program must be produced and updated following each packaged delivery of information
• PM: Ensure project tracking schedule is current, monitored and submitted on a weekly basis or as agreed with senior management
• PM: Ensure necessary time is allowed for each stage of deliverables, utilizing experience on previous projects
• PM: Chair weekly team meeting to formally track project program
• PM: Monitor sub-consultants performance
• PM: Ensure sub-consultant’s scope of work is complete at each stage in order for the Lead Architect to certify payment
• PM: Ensure the Lead Architect is updated on progress
• PM: Responsibility for all project based written correspondence
• PM: Assist senior management team in providing all necessary information required in order to submit fee proposals
• PM: Review fee proposals from sub consultants to understand and be fully aware of scope and deliverables
• Degree in Architecture from Western recognized university
• Must have minimum of 12 years working experience
• Must have experience working for international reputable consultancies
• Preferably Registered with CIAT, RIBA or AIA.
• Excellent English communication, written and verbal
• Must have in depth knowledge of technical detailing principles
• Demonstrated knowledge of the scope of works for the whole range of sub consultants. I.e. HVAC, Structures, acoustics, etc.
• Be proactive and suggest improvements or amendments required to the systems.
• Provide project implementations to enable work to become more efficient and better coordinated and improve the overall performance of the practice
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Site Architect