Job description / Role
A multinational company is urgently looking for a talented and driven Technical Manager / Senior Technical Engineer.
Technical depth and a customer-first mentality, with the passion to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, provide technical support and advice for the development, testing and deployment of marine products globally. The role will cover the application of accepted marine technology and standards in accordance with the company procedure and marine industry practices. The role will lead product development, company engineering product support and aftersales engagement, engineering fabrication processes support, by managing strong relationships with internal customers, partners, suppliers and clients.
- Performs engineering assignments involving the design, development, customizations, testing, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of marine products.
- Provides well-thought and reliable technical support and advice on suitable product to the sales team.
- Meet or exceed (internal & external) client expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer technical experience with the company.
- With a high problem-solving approach whilst delivering to exacting timelines and budgets.
- Collaborate with production to ensure manufacturability and execution of build.
- Provides technical leadership by coaching and directing the work of the less experienced colleagues.
- Provides assistance and guidance during development of new products and improvement of existing.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Engineers with background in Project management for construction, site engineers, site managers or any other areas which are not specified into the requirements will not be considered.
- 5-10 years’ experience in departments: Technical Support, Design, and Research & Development (R&D) in marine industry is a must.
- Mandatory experience in the following fields: Marine, Aids to Navigation, Plastic/Rubber, Geotextile, Roto-moulding, Automotive, Appliances, and Design Engineering.
- Experience in developing new products relating to marine protection, navigation, recreation, safety & security, and pollution management.
- Experience in fabrication methodologies and systems.
- Proven track record in delivering projects focused on product development, engineering and/or research.
- Broad knowledge and technical understanding of main materials used in marine environment (steel, PVC/PU coasted fabrics, geotextile, etc.) gained in the marine or similar industry, and ideally with experience in the field of marine products.
- A professional engineering qualification leading to Mechanical, Marine, and/or Coastal are preferred.
- Has a deep knowledge of marine products, their application and performance to efficiently prepare quotations and submittals and make recommendations to our clients and the sales team on the best use and design for the company's products.
About the Company
A leading multinational manufacturing company in the UAE.
Mechanical Design Engineer
ETST Metal Contracting LLC
|Abu Dhabi||8 Aug|
Mechanical Engineer - Finishing
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||13 Jun|
Electrical/ Mechanical Engineer