Job description / Role
Directs, controls, and participates in carrying out maintenance and repair of electrical equipment on offshore/ onshore installation and / or marine craft.
Work covers maintenance and repair of dead/ live H.V and L.V equipment up to 11 K.V such as switch-gears, transformers and associates and ancillary equipment.
• Directs and supervises planned and breakdown electrical maintenance work carried out by Electricians and contractors’ personnel on Company’s offshore/ onshore installations and/ or marine craft as required, including supervising the repair and maintenance of such equipment at the Abu Dhabi workshop ensuring that work is done according to Company’s specifications and standards/ regulations.
• Issues and controls isolation certificates/ electrical work permits in accordance with Company’s safety regulations and the general rules relative to control and safe operation and maintenance of electrical apparatus on power network.
• Diagnoses and rectifies electrical faults on electrical equipment on site or in workshop, as applicable such as generating equipment, various types of motors, electronic control systems, instrumentation, telephone and communication systems, various types of A/C alternators, resistance, contacts, wiring systems, …etc.
• Diagnoses faults and guides Electricians in the repair of switch boards, faulty breakers, earth linkages, alarm systems, and ensures proper functioning of navigational/ directional lighting on marine craft or offshore/ onshore installations at all times.
• Ensures availability of adequate supplies of stores and spare parts required for maintenance and repair work and initiates necessary materials requisitions for replenishment of the stock.
• Ensures that safety equipment are well maintained, in ready working condition and ensures compliance with Company safety regulations.
• Performs other related duties, such as training subordinates, reading and interpreting A/C and D/C circuit diagrams, preparing preliminary drawings of circuits, ensuring that emergency batteries are changed at all times, reviewing and commenting project electrical documents, defining the stock requirement of spare parts in SPIR forms etc.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Regular contacts with work associates and occasional contacts with personnel in the main workshop for coordination of work.
• Regular contacts with Commercial Division’s personnel to coordinate and arrange for spares stock.
• Works within the Company’s procedures and specialized electrical maintenance and repair standards, and is expected to use both initiative and judgement when allocating work to subordinates and carrying out work.
• Completed work is subject to general supervision.
• Secondary Education Certificate followed by 3 years formal training in electrical trade.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 5 years experience in electric maintenance and repair work of H.V./L.V electrical equipment.
• Good knowledge of English language
About the Company
A leading agri-food company in the UAE.