Job description / Role
Gulf Connexions is working exclusively with a well-established insurance company based in Dubai who has an opportunity for a Senior Underwriting professional to join their team. The key responsibility of the role is to underwrite risks within the delegated authority levels and ensure the highest service standards at all times. You will be responsible for preparing documentation, adhering to compliance standards and building relationships with internal stakeholders, intermediaries and clients.
• Build & manage internal and external sales relationships.
• Select profitable risks based upon individual account criteria and underwriting standards
• Manage portfolio to control the overall mix of accounts, manage exposures & take prompt action when necessary
• Develop new business and retain existing accounts
• Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred, continuing insurance education desired
• Success driven individual who has demonstrated 3-10 years of success in a commercial underwriting role
• Ability to analyze variables, such as type & amount of coverage, loss control, credit reports, and loss experience
• Thorough knowledge of commercial insurance coverages, contracts & underwriting guidelines
• Ability to interact successfully with customers to build & maintain good business relationships.
• Negotiation and pricing skills
• Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics
About the Company
Gulf Connexions Group is the regions leading specialist recruitment consultancy providing a wealth of local and international expertise and in-depth market intelligence for its blue-chip clients and candidates.
Contact our consultants directly for your specialist recruitment requirements. For candidates searching for job opportunities and requiring informed career advice, Gulf Connexions provides updates on the top positions available across the region.
Headquartered in Bahrain in the heart of central business district, Gulf Connexions maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, fully equipped with state-of-the-art database technologies. Gulf Connexions has a rigorous screening process for all prospective candidates with interviewing facilities available throughout the region.
Gulf Connexions has the most extensive database of experienced and qualified banking candidates available for regional deployment. Gulf Connexions works closely with the region\'s leading blue chip organizations providing candidates with excellent career path development and unrivaled employment opportunities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Credit Analyst
Swisslinx Middle East
Accounts Receivables Assistant
Dubai Properties (DP)
Accounts Receivables - Construction Sector
Schindler Pars International Limited
Executive Accountant: Bank Reconciliation
Dubai Properties (DP)
Petrochem Middle East