Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Due to the tremendous growth occurring, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Urban Designer/Planner to work in a multidisciplinary team of designers, planners and engineers. The fast-paced work environment enables team members to work on a variety of projects. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual looking to develop their international experience with a world-renowned multidisciplinary consultant.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Contribute to the design and delivery of a variety of projects often happening concurrently.
* Take ownership of medium to large scale design and production packages under the supervision of the Design/Project Director.
* Organise and graphicly develop client presentations.
* Work to a programme for deliverables and advise senior staff of any issues which may affect delivery.
* Work within agreed design standards and parameters with senior staff.
* Ensure the quality of deliverables meet the expectations of senior staff.
* Work within a multidisciplinary, multicultural team.
* Undertake technical co-ordination with other WSP teams and third party subconsultants
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree of post graduate qualification in urban design, urban planning landscape architecture, or related field and preferably with a professional affiliation (or eligible for membership)
* Candidates will ideally have minimum 7-10 years relevant working experience in urban design, urban planning and master planning.
* Lead the production of high-quality urban planning, design and master planning project submissions in the UAE and the wider Middle East and Africa
* Lead in the preparation of technical bids and fee proposals for master planning and urban design projects and other major infrastructure projects where appropriate;
* Strong design and graphics capabilities and ability to communicate ideas via various visual and graphic media including hand drawn and computer graphics.
* Fully conversant with Adobe Creative Suite with demonstrable graphics and visualisation skills.
* Competent in PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD.
* Experience in working within a multidisciplinary team - including external subconsultants - is essential.
* Strong design management, report production and coordination skills
* An understanding of sustainability issues within the public realm. (LEED or similar experience and advantage)
* Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
* Capable of working on own initiative or as part of a larger multidisciplinary team.
* Have a logical and organized approach to project delivery of project outputs.
* Will be required to travel within the Middle East region to projects in a variety of geographical locations, including Saudi Arabia.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.