Job description / Role
Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and we are looking for a Senior Vendor Manager to join the After Market Services (AMS) team. AMS has a dual mandate of improving the customer returns experience and reducing the costs associated with customer returns.
The Senior Vendor Manager will lead the Liquidations function across Amazon MENA and will be responsible for:
- Negotiating liquidations terms and rates (including rates for different categories, damage types and overstocks).
- On-boarding new liquidators to improve diversification and liquidation recovery.
- Working with FCs to optimize liquidation operations.
- Coordinating with product & tech teams to optimize our B2B systems.
- Drive process improvements within the Liquidations function
Due to the nature of the role, you will work with cross-functional teams including Retail, Operations, Tech, Finance, Legal, among others.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgment
- Strong negotiation skills (Vendor Management experience preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation, organization, and account management skills
- Proven ability to lead and deliver results in complex projects
- Is able to manage multiple competing priorities smoothly
- Excellent excel skills
- Prior Vendor Management, Program Management, or Category Management experience
- Knowledge of Reverse Logistics and Operations
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.