Job description / Role
• To provide professional service to the customers, in terms of accurately recording and organizing quality repair and maintenance services so as to enhance customer retention and after sales revenue giving professional advice to customers on current and future maintenance needs
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
• Receive and greet customers, discuss servicing/ repair needs, guide them on assessment & repair of problems/ faults and service requirements based on manufacturer recommendation and when agreed to record the requirement correctly on job card to avoid any ambiguity effecting the quality of a repair.
• Explain to the customer contents of the job, its value and cost involved. After obtaining confirmation prepare clear and unambiguous work instruction for the technician to carry out the job and keep in constant touch to ensure that work is progressing in proper manner.
• Organize inspection upon completion of the job to ensure the quality of the job meets the prescribed standard and to satisfy the customer that the job has been carried out as desired.
• Deliver the vehicle in most courteous manner once the job has been completed to the entire satisfaction of the customer and authorities of the workshop so as to ensure continuity of business.
• Establish healthy and profitable relationship by proactively communicating and following up with the existing as well as prospective customer on performance of their cars and if they require any service attention so as to consolidate and enhance the customer base.
• Keep the customers constantly posted on the status of the back order parts, their actual date and time of arrival to assure customer of the company's genuine interest in sorting out his problem so as retain customer's confidence.
• Keep customers periodically informed about the work progress and deliver vehicles after collecting the repair charges / LPO/ IPO.
• Up sell new accessories, service packages, additional service and participate actively in service campaign.
• Upgrade product knowledge through web based training and class room training.
• Establish cordial relation with customers and workshop staff.
• Follow up on Work In Progress (WIP) targeting closer in 30 days.
• Follow-up with customers on long pending vehicles for taking delivery.
• Education/Certification and Continued Education
• Vocational qualification in automotive trade or
• Diploma in Automobile Engineering or graduate
Years of Experience
• 3 -5 years' experience in automotive trade
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.