Job description / Role
The incumbent will handle all service activities to ensure the installation and operation of water/waste water treatment machines and plants. This includes installing, commissioning, repair and reconditioning, inspections of RO Systems/STPs/ETPS etc. and attending to client Service Maintenance Contracts.
This role will interface directly with Customers, Sales and Technical Support team in an effort to manage and resolve various issues and concerns regarding product performance and service improvements.
Annual Maintenance Contracts / After Sales Service /Inspections:
Site visits are carried out on a specific call out basis, or as part of a Service Contract. In both cases the following duties are undertaken after checking the terms of the client’s maintenance contract with Watertek:
• Liaise with clients prior to visit to understand any problems or client complaints.
• Organize scheduled site visits.
• Organize site visits including resources such as tools, spares, consumables and manpower to complete the site tasks.
• Ensure functionality of each equipment’s and system operation.
• Investigate and diagnose faults with plant and equipment.
• Estimate and communicate repair time.
• Complete repairs and equipment calibration as required.
• Ensure compliance to HSE and documentation.
• Conduct site inspection based on sales call and prepare through inspections reports including recommendation & parts list.
• Liaising with engineering team for any design change.
• Keep in touch with regular client and Establish customer relationship.
• Determine and communicate to the client, the fault diagnosis and remedial repair work necessary.
Installation and Commissioning:
• Install, troubleshoot and commissioning of Advanced Watertek’s water maker system at sites (including on vessels and offshore).
• Plan and organize site visits and installation activities.
• Completion of installation and commissioning within budget and planned time frames.
• Provide technical support by identifying technical problems and determine corrective actions in own area of expertise via installation and commissioning.
• Provide technical training to client to ensure smooth operation on systems.
• Ensure compliance to Advanced Watertek and client’s HSE policies and requirements.
• Look for business opportunity during site execution.
When not visiting client sites, the incumbent will be required to assist on the Production side.
• Assist in the manufacture and assembly of RO units and component parts.
• Repair RO plant & equipment.
• Recondition RO units and component parts.
• Provide training to technical workshop technicians.
• Liaise with clients where necessary to enhance the relationship and build confidence in the products and services provided by the Company.
• Ensure the highest standards in terms of customer service.
• Ensure adherence to the service schedules agreed with the Service In-Charge.
• Ensure the highest quality levels are attained and maintained with respect to materials used and level of workmanship.
• Assist with commissioning and trouble shooting both locally and overseas.
• Complete all required documentation and work as per the integrated management system.
• Any other duties as may be agreed from time to time with the Service In-Charge and Production Manager.
• Identify suggestions for product and quality improvement and provide recommendations to improve operations and customer service.
• Determine and develop effective service applications, equipment, methods and new service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
• Investigate customer needs through professional and technical consulting and specialist assistance.
• Manage and maintain customer relationships and follow up on customer feedback to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
• Identify new sales opportunities and conduct specialist support and advisory service for sales team.
• Highest level of personal integrity and standing.
• Highly self-motivated with a positive work ethic.
• Diploma or Degree in Electrical or instrumentation Engineering.
• Water treatment system commissioning knowledge (RO, STP, filtrations, ETP etc.)
• UAE Driving license is essential.
• A minimum of 8-10 years post qualification experience in RO, STP, filtrations, ETPs’ operation/maintenance/ Inspection /troubleshooting & field services.
• Off-shore RO/ WTP system installation & commissioning
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Customer focused
• Self-driven / Can work and lead independently
• Strong knowledge of water treatment equipment’s commissioning and troubleshooting.
• PLC knowledge is essential
• Problem solving and decision-making skills
• HSE focus and awareness
• Creative and innovative, can find out of the box solutions
• Planning and organising
About the Company
Advanced Watertek is an Australian Company, with a Regional Office in Dubai, specialising in the design, manufacture, installation, and commissioning of Reverse Osmosis Desalination Systems.
We strongly believe that our employees are the most important resources for the growth of our organisation. Our goal is to hire talented individuals who both fit and enhance our corporate culture with their experience, aspirations and enthusiasm. Ours is a service oriented profession and we realize we can only be as good as the people we hire. Therefore, we hire only The Best.
Al Fattan Ship Industry
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|
Field Service Engineer
Wastewater Proposals Engineer
Electro Mechanical Engineer
Baalbaki Chemical Industries (BCI)
Facility Management Engineer