Job description / Role
• Represents the quality of all products of MHWirth.
• Provide technical assistance to clients and perform/oversee field installations and repairs.
• Read and understand Mechanical/Hydraulic Diagrams & General Mechanical Drawings
• Complete Preventative Maintenance and field modifications
• Provide installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and repair services in shop or field environment on MHWirth Mechanical equipment
• Advanced troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair on DDM
• Coordinate with Head of DLS, MENA and Service Manager for required parts, materials, support, etc.
• Major Overhaul, disassembly and assembly of equipment in Workshop environment
• Prepare and submit detailed report identifying all work conducted and all hours worked for all site work undertaken
• Prepare internal reports from any site observations to allow continual improvement of the Company’s documented quality system and standard design procedures
• Ensure all documentation related to the work performed is filled for future access in accordance with standard procedures
• Order and manage repair parts cycle times
• Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as preparation of overhaul data book, spares lists, provide technical advice to clients and internal service records in a timely manner
• Advise client of modifications or upgrades to MHWirth equipment
• Interact with customers and other MHWirth personnel in a professional manner to provide efficient service delivery to all customers within assigned area
• Maintain communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up
• Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated.
• Perform all work in accordance with MHWirth and client safety policies
• Supervision of sub contracted personnel
• Supervise and perform mechanical minor and major overhaul
• Provide technical support, mentoring & training for all less experienced Service Engineers and external clients
• Document all services performed and actions carried out on service and time tickets
• Stay current on information contained in Product and Safety Bulletins
• Stay current on information with MHWirth mechanical procedures and ensure that all work performed is handled according to procedures and guidelines
• Support the company’s yearly strategic objectives
• Complete all work in compliance with company and customer’s policies and procedures for HSSE
• BS or higher in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
• Two (2)+ years experience in installation, troubleshooting and repair of Oil Drilling Equipment or similar Mechanically operated equipment
• Factory training drilling equipment, troubleshooting, and programming
• Ability to read schematic and Mechanical layout drawings
• Ability to work for long periods and in extreme environmental conditions
• Proficient with software updating, installation, troubleshooting
• knowledge of mechanical or hydraulic systems
• Ability to share knowledge with the customers
• Excellent analytical skills
• Competent with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Proficient in written and reading comprehension of English
• Ability to support co-worker with technical inquiries & training
• Ability to take initiative and be accountable for own decisions and actions
About the Company
MHWirth is a leading global provider of first-class drilling solutions and services designed to offer our valued clients with the safer, more efficient and reliable alternative. Our company vision is centered on an unparalleled commitment to quality and yielding economic advantages for our customers and stakeholders.
With a remarkable legacy founded more than a century ago, MHWirth has transformed into a new brand reflective of our robust company strategy and compelling ambitions. Our reputation is preserved through a winning combination of values, people and innovative technologies, proven by a respected track record and a vast collection of customer success stories.
As the largest subsidiary of Akastor, MHWirth has a global span covering five continents with offices in more than 20 countries. Drawing upon our global market success, we continue to seize opportunities through an established strong regional presence in the Americas, Asia and West Africa. Our 4300 dedicated professionals consistently strive to enhance customer satisfaction and form meaningful collaborations by creating a personalized experience.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commissioning Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Offshore Mechanical Supervisor 28/28 Rotation
BAC Middle East
Automotive Management Services (AMS)
Marine Offshore Engineer
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||8 Dec|